-Chapter 27-

Eds POV

Alison is a few weeks old now and my life is perfect. I get to wake up every morning to the sight of my beautiful girlfriend and my beautiful daughter, I can’t think of anything better!

Well, I actually can think of one thing better and that would be to ask Taylor to marry me. I have been wanted to ask her for a while now but I just can’t find the right way to do it. I have asked Scott’s permission and he said that it would be a pleasure for him to see me marry Taylor but I actually have to ask her now.

After a couple of hours of debating with myself I set out a plan in my head.

We have found that although Alison is only a few weeks old she loves the sound of the waves on the beach and since it isn’t too hot out anymore because of the time of year it would be fine for her to spend a couple of hours on the beach.

First I will take Taylor and Alison down to the private beach were there will already be a picnic set up, we will spend a while talking and then I will grab my guitar and burst into song and ask her either during or at the end.

With the plan set out in my head I set up the picnic and took it down to the beach, I knew Taylor was still asleep alongside Alison so she wouldn’t see me go out but I would only be 5 minutes anyway. When I had made my way back up to the house and walked in the hall I could hear Alison crying.

I walked upstairs and into Alison’s room to see Taylor cradling her with her back to the door. I saw this as the perfect opportunity to sneak up behind her and that’s what I did. I crept up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist, rocking with her as she was trying to calm Alison down.

“She won’t stop crying but she has already been fed and had her nappy changed and I don’t know what to do…” Taylor said, I could hear the panic in her voice.

“She’s fine, maybe she is just too warm in her room, what do you say we take her out onto the beach for an hour”

“Yeah, maybe you are right, I will go and get dressed, and can you grab her sun hat and teddy please?”

“Sure love, I will get her ready and meet you downstairs in a minute.”

It only took Taylor 5 minutes to get ready because she only needed to get dressed. After we had grabbed what we needed to we walked out of the door and down the steps onto the beach.

“Ed have you done this for me?” Taylor asked looking a bit startled.

“Yes love, sit down and I will get you something to eat”

After about half an hour of eating and chatting, Alison had fallen asleep in Taylor’s arms and I thought it was the right time to ask the question.

I grabbed my guitar and made my way through the song, eventually I came to the verse I was going to stop and ask Taylor to marry me.

Romeo, save me, I’ve been feeling so alone.

I keep waiting for you but you never come.

Is this in my head? I don’t know what to think.

He knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring and said…

I put my guitar down on the sand without finished the song, Taylor looked really confused but I think she soon realised what was going on. I knelt to the ground and pulled a small black box out of my pocket.

“Marry me, Taylor, you’ll never have to be alone. I love you and that’s all I really know… Will you marry me Taylor?”

“YES, YES, A MILLION TIMES YES” She attempted to shout without waking Alison up.