-Chapter 25-

Eds POV

“Babe?” When Taylor didn’t reply I screamed for a nurse or doctor to come into the room. It looked like Taylor had fallen asleep but there were machines beeping like crazy.

I didn’t know what to do other than to call for help and to grab Alison out of Taylor’s frail arms before she dropped her.

I was really starting to panic now, it had been a couple of minutes since I called for a doctor and no one had come, what if she was dying and there was nothing I could do?! Tears were streaming down my face and I was holding onto Alison tightly when someone ran in through the doors.

The doctor that came in first soon called for backup and they started to rush out the doors pushing Taylor in the bed with them.

“Where are you taking her?” I called after them.

“She needs surgery, wait here and someone will fill you in shortly” A young doctor said looking back at me.

I broke down there and then, what if Taylor doesn’t make it and I am left on my own with a tiny baby. I would never be able to cope on my own and I would never be able to cope without seeing Taylor’s beautiful face every day!

A couple of minutes later Andrea, Taylor’s mum rushed into the room.

“Hey Ed, congratulations! Erm, where’s Taylor?” she asked hesitantly.

“She’s not well, they took her away, they said something about surgery but I wasn’t paying attention, no one has told me anything, I don’t even know if she is still alive, I should have called you straight away, I am sorry, I am so sorry”

“Ed, slow down, everything will be alright, you are just panicking and getting yourself all worked up”

“But I don’t know if she is alright…”

“She will be fine, let’s think positive, come here and give me a hug!”

With that Andrea walked over to me and wrapped her warm, loving arms around me and Alison who I was still holding tightly. I didn’t want to put her down and I loved her more every time I looked at her.

“She is just perfect, she looks just like Taylor but with your green eyes” Andrea said taking her from me and looking at her closely.

After about half an hour of me crying and Andrea trying to calm me down a doctor walked into the room.

“How is she?” I said jumping up out of my seat.

“Taylor is doing okay, there were some complications and she lost a lot of blood but everything seems to be alright now. She will have to stay in overnight but you will be able to see her in just a second”

Just as the doctor finished her sentence I saw Taylor being wheeled in on the same bed that she went out of the room on earlier. She seemed to be sat up and smiling at the fact that she would be able to hold her baby again and properly this time.

The doctors hurriedly left the room as someone else needed then in a different room and I ran over to Taylor wrapping my arms around her. She hugged me back and buried her head into the crook of my neck.

“I love you so much, don’t ever scare me like that again Taylor” I said, tears streaming down my face.

“I won’t, I promise, now where is my baby girl?”

Andrea walked over from the other side of the room holding Alison who was still in the towel the nurse wrapped her in when she was first born.