Chapter Six

Arielle-

Where was I? I tried opening my eyes but couldn't. I tried moving my body but couldn't. "Ari?" I heard someone say.

I couldn't tell but I knew someone was calling out to me. I tried to open my eyes and this time, they opened. I blinked them a few times, trying to adjust the setting. I was laying on the floor and I saw Aiden bending over by me. He looked relieved. "Ari! You're up!"

I got up slowly and looked at him. "What happened?"

"I don't know. I walked in to talk to you and I saw you laying here. I was worried sick! I was about to call the hospital."

Glad he didn't. "Well I'm fine now. Thanks for caring. What's up?" I looked down, relieved to know that my shirt was covering my arm.

"It's about me. And you..and well everyone."

He looked serious so I nodded, waiting for him to speak again. "I'm leaving this place."

His words caught me by surprise. Running away? What? "Wait, what do you mean leaving?"

"Running away from here! I can't take this place anymore, Ari! Dad being a physcopath, mom being almost dead, I just can't seem to find myself being comfortable or even happy here!"

Neither could I. "Well running away isn't going to solve it, Aiden. It'll only make things worse."

"How?" He said with a laugh. "Dad freaking out that I'm gone? Let him!"

Let him have me to abuse more. "He will, Aiden! He'll take it all out on me! Do you want that?"

"No but he never yells at you! It's always me!"

I wanted to scream at him and tell him about tonight but I didn't think that would be the right thing to do. "He yells at me too!"

He rolled his eyes. "When? I told you, you're the favorite child!"

Here we go again. I had to tell him what happened tonight. "He slapped me tonight."

He looked shocked, very shocked. "What?!" He literally screamed this but didn't of course, knowing that douche was downstairs.

"Yeah." I touched my face that was probably still red, considering it still stinged like hell. He shook his head in disgust. "He's fucking terrible! This family is so fucked up!"

I wish I could tell that to the douche. "Well what are we suppose to do?"

"I don't know what you're going to do, but I'm still running away."

"And where are you going to go, huh?" I was getting mad.

"I can't tell you." He said in between his teeth.

"Why not?"

"You'll tell someone. No one can know about this. I just wanted to tell you that I'm leaving. Look I'm sorry for going out like this but I really can't take it anymore."

Neither can I! How come no one thought of me too? "I can't either, Aiden. I'm suffering."

"Well it doesn't fucking show. Whatever, I'll see you later, okay?"

I didn't know what else to say. I sighed and put my hands through my hair. "You're lucky." I said quietly. I think he heard because he starred at me one last time and then walked out.

Just as he walked out, I hurried up and picked up my shirt. I must've passed out from cutting too hard. I wasn't bleeding too bad, thanks to me wrapping it up. The clock read 3 AM so I decided to go to bed.