Chapter Twenty-Nine

Justin-

"It's....it's.......Arielle. She's not breathing."

Those words stabbed my heart and I couldn't even think at the moment. Not..breathing.....Arielle...My mind kept racing back and forth, random thoughts came to mind. Did someone hurt her? Or did she hurt herself? But how? And when?

I was so stupid. Instead of making Caitlin stupid in front of everyone, I should of ran after her...

Was I blaming myself? It wasn't my fault right? In all, I made people realize that laughing at people's problems was wrong and they seemed to understand, considering when I told them to back off, they seemed to understand what I was saying.

This couldn't be happening. I realized my face was blank and my mouth was opened but I hadn't spoke. Abby had more tears that fell from her face and I shook my head violently. "No." I protested. "No." I repeated. "How?"

She shook her head and tried to speak but she was sobbing by now. "She...she....she....cut....again." She cried harder now and the only thing I could do was hold her for support. I didn't know what to think. Or how to feel. My mind went blank.

The only thing I wanted to do was see her. See her and she'd hopefully be up, her beautiful eyes looking up at me and she'd tell me she's okay and strong and breathing. I knew that none of that would be possible and even if she was okay physically, she wasn't okay mentally.

"Where is she now?" Was all I asked when she let me go and wiped away her tears.

"They're rushing her to the hospital. Someone found her unconcious in the bathroom stall and they called out for someone and someone came in and called 9-11 as soon as they noticed she had stopped breathing.....God..I hope she's okay..."

"It's all my fault." I blurted out. "All my damn fault." I was starting to get angry at myself. It was all my fault...Why didn't I fucking run after her? Or maybe she shouldn't even of came to school....but then again avoiding the situation would've been worse.

"How was it your fault? She did this herself! If anything, it was Caitlin's!"

"No, it's me, I did this to her!"

"Stop blaming yourself!" Abby exclaimed. "You aren't the reason for her problems. If anything, you've helped her!"

"No." I replied, my voice full of anger and disappointment. "I haven't. I should've ran after her."

She looked confused. "What do you mean?"

"Didn't you see what happened? What caused her to get so upset?" She shook her head no and I sighed hard. "Let's just say Caitlin got the best of her."

"Oh." Abby replied dryly. "Great. That's why she, uh, cut?"

I nodded and bit my lip furiously. "I have to do something. I need to see her."

"But Justin-"

I cut her off. "No, don't try and stop me. I don't care if I'm not allowed to leave school grounds, I have to go see her."

She was about to protest but closed her mouth and sighed. "Whatever you wanna do." She muttered.

"I'll see you later, okay? If anyone asks where I am, tell them I went home sick."

She nodded. "Good luck." She replied softly. "Just know that she may not be exactly healthy."

"I just have to see her face, okay?" I said in a rushed tone. "I gotta go now. Bye, Abby."