Chapter Twenty-Two

Arielle-

I woke up the sounds of talking but I wasn't sure who's voice they were.

"I'm really worried. I found towels with blood in the trash and I'm guessing she cut last night."

Then silence.

"Yeah, I don't know what to do. I'm not Justin nor do I want her to be with him, but she's only really happy when she's with him."

I wanted to open my eyes and get up but I didn't have any energy for that.

"Yeah, well when she gets up, I'll talk to her about it."

She found out about what I did last night..Great.

I heard her say her goodbyes and I heard the sound of her phone hitting the table. I finally got the energy to open up my eyes and get up. I must of startled her because I saw her jump. "Oh hey, Arielle, Did I wake you?"

"Naw." I replied dryly. "I mean, I heard voices but I was trying to get up anyways."

She replied with an oh and I got up and did my daily morning routine. When I finished dressing for the day, she walked back in the room and motioned me to sit next to her on her bed.

I knew what this talk would be about. "So...Arielle...about yesterday.."

"If you're going to give me a long talk about me and Justin, I don't wanna hear it."

"No." She replied quickly. "It's about..what you did when I was sleeping."

I muttered "Oh great" under my breath and sighed hard. "What about it?"

"You know exactly what this is about, Arielle. You cut yourself when we told you not to!" Her face and voice showed anger and I felt the need to be angry back but I had no emotions at the moment.

"Abby-"

She cut me off. "Don't tell me you're sorry and you'll stop, that won't work!"

"But I am sorry!"

"Apologizing won't do anything, Arielle. You said you would stop and you saw how me and Nicole cared for you! Just because you broke up with your little boyfriend, doesn't mean you had to cut!"

I was starting to get upset now. She just HAD to mention him. "Abby, stop."

"Why? I'm trying to get this off my chest! You need help! Serious help!"

"I've heard that before." I said through clenched teeth. "And I won't listen."

"Why not?" She almost begged. "We're worrying sick about you. I told Nicole and she started crying!"

"Tell her thanks for caring but to get over it."

"Are you serious going to act like this? Stop trying to push people away! We're trying to help you and you won't listen. All you want to do is think negative and be to yourself as you beat yourself down. I know I should be here to love you and care, but this is getting out of hand."

"Just forget about it then. Forget I ever told you about this."

"Not possible. We love you and care but you gotta stop."

"So you want me to just fake a smile and stop cutting? It's not that easy."

"I didn't say it had to be-"

I cut her off. "Look, I'm fine. Why don't you just worry about yourself, alright? I'm going out for awhile."

"No, Arielle! Don't leave!" She tried grabbing my arm but I pushed her away. "I have to get out of here!" I was crying by now and the tears filled up my eyes so bad that I couldn't make out anything.