Chapter Thirty-Five

Arielle-

I looked better then I ever would've imagined. I wore dark skinny jeans with a pull over stripe sweater and black flats and my hair was straightened and I had on decent makeup, not as much as I usually did. My mom kept complimenting me and taking pictures. ""Mom, it's not like I'm going to prom! It's just one simple date!"

"Yeah, but I'm just so happy and excited for you. You're going on a date with a new, nice boy and I'm happy you're moving on and thinking positive and liking your image!"

"I'm trying, mom." Even though I love her, sometimes she over exaggerates. I'm just going on a dinner date with the cute boy at my program. Not like I'm getting married.

She smiled wide and well, I smiled too. I was feeling better ever since the good news about my so called asshole of a dad went to jail. It was still yet to be confirmed how long, but knowing all the shit he's done, I know it's going to be for long, maybe even life. "When's he getting here? 7?"

I nodded. I was excited, but nervous at the same time. I felt my hands shake as I tried to finish applying my mascara. Why was I nervous? I've talked to him before, even though it was awkward because I kept blushing. But either way, I knew him and we talked. Was it because I didn't know what to expect? Or maybe because I wasn't used to this? For the past several months, I was used to being either with..Justin or being alone and invisible towards boys. Now, I'm going on a date with a good one. I guess you can say all my sad and depressed moods were finally fading and I was now able to be happy with my life. Let's hope it lasts.

Finally, there was a knock on the door and my nervousness kicked in even more. I took deep breaths and did my positive thinking and my mom opened the door. There stood the amazing Aaron. He had on simple black skinny jeans and a striped blue shirt. Well, looks like we matched with the stripes. He somehow looked cuter today.

My mom got even more excited. Oh goodness, time to get embarrassed. "Oh wow, you must be Aaron! Yes yes, come in! We've been expecting you! Well Arielle has, but you know how moms are!"

All he did was shake her hand and smile politely. Of course he was that nice. What can't he do? He's nice, has a good personality, is sweet, he has good looks, he knows how to treat ladies (well..from what I know and witnessed) and just seems like such a good guy. I can't wait to learn more about him.

"Nice to meet you, Ms. Summers." She shook his hand and then turned to me. "Well Arielle, you ready to go?"

I nodded and smiled as I looked at Aaron. He had his smile on his face that caused me to blush tons earlier and I felt light headed. In a good way, of course.

I walked over to him, about to walk out, but my mom stopped us. “More pictures!†She announced.

I actually groaned and hit my head lightly. He laughed but commented that he thought it was cute, how my mom was. Well if he was okay with it.

She took a couple more pictures, with us posing together and a couple of him by himself and then she allowed us to go, giving us a "Good luck, have fun and come home at 10!"

As soon as she closed the door and we stared walking, on queue, we both laughed. "Oh God! My mom is so embarrassing!"

"No, no, she was cute! I see where you get your cuteness from."

I blushed as usual. I guess I better get used to the whole blushing thing. "Well, thanks." I didn't wanna say anything about meeting HIS mom to see if he gets his cuteness from her because that would be a little crazy. And desperate. And weird. "So uh, how long is this gonna take? I mean to get there? Not for our date." I rambled, embarrassing myself, of course.