Chapter Twenty-Three

Arielle-

My heart beated out of my chest, my palms started to sweat and my mind was racing back and forth.

I knew who this voice was. I knew what they were trying to do. I turned myself around and my eyes locked with the last person I wanted to see at the moment. Justin.

"What are you doing here?" I tried my best to not sound as rude but to sound curious.

"I thought I'd attend my best friend's party." He obviously wasn't getting my question.

I didn't reply to that, I just sighed hard. "Why did you save me for?"

"Well because..I saw what was happening and I guess I was slightly jealous.."

"Jealous? You? Why?"

"That creep was all over the girl I'm in love with!"

I shook my head and stared down at the floor. "You don't love me." I whispered softly.

"Arielle." He spoke, sounding serious. He repeated my name and lifted my chin with his index finger, our eyes locked now. I couldn't look away, his eyes were too hypnotizing and made me melt. "I regret what I did, so much. I seriously beat myself down every second, thinking about your beautiful, hurt face and how much of a dick I was. I didn't mean to do it. I didn't want Chaz to tell you either because he was only trying to break us up. I should of never did his stupid bet and I should of never been his friend. Maybe I did do that bet but you changed me for the better, Ari. I judged you at first, thinking you were just some shy, emo girl but then I got to know you and I realized how much you were going through and I ended up falling in love with you. I so badly wish I could take everything back..but I can't. I'll forever hate myself for this and I know you probably hate me right now and I will do anything for you to at least be my friend again."

My eyes welled up with tears. I was at lost for words, not knowing what to say. "Justin...."

"Can you at least forgive me? I'll do anything for you to forgive me and at least accept me as a person."

I repeated his name again and sighed hard, closing my eyes, just thinking about the past few days. If I didn't have him in my life, would my life be worse? Will I never be happy again? I can't hate him forever, but he hurt me too much. Making a bet on someone and then ending up falling for them...It's like a trap and you end up failing in the end, knowing that you just basically wasted your time on a guy who was just fooling around. But he made it seem like he loved me. He told me he regretted his decisions and for me to at least forgive him as a friend..

"I don't know what to say, Justin." I felt more tears fall down my eyes and he reached to wipe them away but I let go of his grasp, turning my back towards him.

"Arielle, at least listen to me, please." He sounded almost desperate. I couldn't tell in his voice if he was serious or if this was just another game he was playing.

"I did listen and I had enough." I said between clenched teeth, getting a little angry. "I don't need this right now."

"I know, neither do I!"

That's when I turned around to face him again. I felt my veins boil and my face turn hot. "You don't need this? You? What is so wrong about you? You're almost perfect."

"Is that a compliment or-"

I cut him off and rolled my eyes. "Fuck no, it's not! I'm trying to figure this out. You don't have it bad at all!"

"I didn't say I had it bad, stop skipping to conclusions and making things worse then they are! I meant that I don't need this with you! I want things to be okay again."