Chapter Ten

Arielle-

I was starstruck. In awe. Unable to find the words I was feeling; or unable to even stop. His lips pressed against mine in a perfect way and I copied, our lips moving together at a perfect motion. 

His tongue brushed against my bottom lip and that's when the butterflies in my stomach got stronger and stronger. After a few seconds, I pulled away and so did he. I knew this would be awkward after it was over with.

"Wow, I.." I was too weak from the kiss to even find my voice. "What was that?"

"A kiss?" He replied, obviously not trying to figure out where I was coming from.

"No." I said again. "I mean like, you kissed me..why?"

"Let me put it this way." He still held my hand in his and he looked at me, more serious then ever. "I like you, Arielle. I liked you ever since. I only teased you that cruel because I didn't know you and I judged you but as I got to know you, I knew what I was missing in my life; you."

I couldn't believe this. I'm not sure if I was believing it or just not wanting to hear it. He teases me, tries touching me, all of a sudden likes me and now he knows that he was missing me in his life? This was all too good to be true and for some reason, I highly doubt he wanted this. "Justin....you don't mean this."

He shook his head and placed his hands on my face, causing the butterflies to increase. "I really do like you. I do mean what I say. You're just scared because you think I'd break your heart."

"No, it's because I don't think I can do this."

"What do you mean?" He leaned in to kiss me again but I stepped back. "No, Justin." I said carefully. "I can't commit into something like this."

"Why not? I said I liked you, Arielle! I did for awhile now!"

"Yeah that's why you tried touching me that one day. I know what you are, Justin. You're a player and you are a damn good actor because I doubt you actually like me, like that."

"But I do, Arielle! I promise, I won't break your heart."
I wasn't believing this. "Justin, I think you are..very good looking and you are....well you have a good personality but I just...I have issues with trusting and commiting and I don't think this will work out, if you are looking for me to like you back and-"

He brought his finger to my lips, signaling me to be quiet. "I promise I can treat you right. I want to be with you, Arielle."

I sighed. "I'll have to think about it. It's hard for me, okay?"

He nodded. "Just don't hate me, alright? I know I can be annoying but I really do like you and for some reason, I can't stay away from you."

I knew by now, I was scared. I never had a guy like me, never have been noticed this much, nothing ever. It was true, I was afraid to commit and fall in love. Somehow, I felt like I wasn't ready, or maybe I was just knowint that no one would ever love me because of my problems. I mean, what guy would find cutting okay? He would probably find me creeper and weird and I honestly didn't want that. If he found out..he'd probably run off and tell all of his friends. I honestly didn't wanna be involved in any drama. I sighed hard and looked into his eyes. "Justin." I said unsteadily. "Why don't we..just stay friends? Finish the project, go to school but don't talk and just be friends."

"So what are you saying, we stay secret friends?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I guess so, I mean only If you are okay with it."

"But that kiss..don't you admit there were sparks?"

I couldn't deny the feeling when we kissed. I felt like my veins were on fire and my head was spinning and I was almost ready to pass out. I admit there were feelings there but I had to push the feelings away.