Chapter Sixteen

Arielle-

Have you ever felt like people around you just plain hated your guts? That's how I felt at lunch today. I was sitting in my usual spot, with the usual people and just because I was having a conversation with Justin and laughing, people had to look at us, like it wasn't even legal.I knew they were thinking bad things and possibly even saying things, but I didn't even care. He had told me to ignore them. "So just because we walked into lunch together, people have to throw a bitch fit? Don't let it get to you."

And so I didn't. Maybe they were jealous. Or maybe they were just plain curious. Or then maybe they want to know why an ugly girl like me would be walking and talking with the hottest guy at school. Stupid stereotypes.

I sighed and threw the last item in my bag. Here I was, alone in Hell, trying to pack all of my stuff so I can move the hell out of there. Justin and his family said that I could stay with them for awhile and I am ever so thankful. I know me and Justin aren't..well I didn't know if we were good friends but we did become closer. As I zipped up the bag and picked up the other three bags, I heard the sound of the door closing. My body froze and the bags felt out of my hands. My dad.

"Hello? Anyone here? Arielle?"

My mom had left for the hospital this morning and would be back in 6 weeks. Hopefully then, she has her life back on track. Did he know about any of this?

"Arielle?" He shouted my name again and again and I felt myself wince as I heard footsteps and his voice getting louder. My door was wide open and before I knew it, he had found me. Standing there, afraid to move, afraid to breathe.

"Oh I knew your little ass was in here. What the hell do you think you're doing?" He looked down at the bags I had recently dropped and then he looked around at my almost naked room. "Trying to run out on me like your brother did? Oh well, lucky I caught you."

I wasn't trying to run away. I mean, I guess I was, but I had a good place to go. "Um..I'm not...tr-ying to... run out." I managed to say, stuttering on my words.

He laughed which caused me to wince again. His laugh was full of hate and fire. "Sure you aren't, bitch. That's why I see your shit vanished and into your damn bags."

"Mom wanted me to go somewhere safe." I blurted out. I saw him roll his eyes. "Safe? Where? You have no friends."

"I do."

He laughed again. "Sure you do, Arielle. You're not going anywhere and I'm going to make sure of it."

I somehow didn't feel scared anymore. "You're not the boss of me, dad."

I said the word dad like it was the most disgusting thing in the world. He probably knew what I was trying to tell him. I wasn't going to stay here, no way. "Oh yes I am. You're 16, you still have to live under my roof and follow my rules. God dammit, my kids are so fucking stupid!"

"I can do whatever I want." I said in between my teeth, getting angry.

"I don't think so, little bitch." His words hurt me, as usual.

I tried walking away from him but he grabbed my wrists tightly and threw me against the wall. "Where do you think you're going? I'm not letting you get away this easily."

"Just..let me go....I....I...stop." I couldn't speak right and the tears were already pouring down my eyes. I didn't look up at him, I couldn't but I bet he was enjoying this.

"You're a weak little bitch aren't you?"

"Let me go!" I screamed as he held me against the wall tighter and I tried fussing out of his grasp but he was too strong.