Chapter Eighteen

Arielle-

I didn't know where I was but I tried moving myself and I felt trapped. I felt someone next to me and I automatically knew who it was. Justin. I opened my eyes lightly and smiled when I noticed his arm was around my waist and the other over my shoulder. My head was on his chest and I knew I was safe.

I liked being with him. I know I wouldn't say that before, but I realized how much of an effect he had on me and how secure he makes me feel. I realized his mom and her boyfriend were home because the car was parked in the driveway. They must of not cared that we had fallen asleep after the movie.

I smiled to myself, remembering earlier. We had made it official. Justin was my boyfriend. The kiss we shared made it real and I knew by now, I was the luckiest girl.

I looked down at my arm to see all my scars and cuts were exposed. Even though I had Justin, I wasn't fully happy. I was still hurting inside and I knew running away from my problems wasn't the answer. Could I honestly stop hurting like this?

It was 5 AM and I wasn't tired at all. I had to go to the bathroom and I tried getting out of his grasp but it was impossible. I heard him groan and turn over, letting go of me. I sighed and walked away. I walked quietly to the guest room, where I should be sleeping and opened up one of my bags. I knew what I was looking for. Why was I doing this? I couldn't stop. I was craving this.

I pulled it out, touching the tip of the sharp pointed blade. I smiled to myself and walked to the bathroom, closing it silently behind me.

Why was I doing this? I was in a safe place now. I had Justin, my friends, good grades, I was decent looking..and I no longer had to see my abusive father. Maybe. I shuddered at the thought of seeing his face again. He hurt me, ruined me, abused me. My life was hell because of him. Ever since I was 13..

"Dad! Dad stop it! Stop it!" I couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't face this. Right in front of my eyes was my dad literally abusing my own mother. He hit her hard in the face and she cried out.

"Shut up, bitch! You're getting what you deserved!"

I didn't know what to do. I stood there by the doorway, afraid and confused. Aiden had it so lucky. He was at a friends house and didn't have to hear or see any of this.

He pushed her down to the floor and I felt myself crying. I didn't care if I was making too much noise, I couldn't hold it in anymore. "Stop it!" I tried screaming out.

He turned to me and his eyes were full of cold ice. "And who said I had to listen to you?"

He walked over to me and I gulped, afraid of what was going to happen next. "Huh? You just standing there watching me beat your own mother to death? You must like it."

"No-no-no. Stop..hurting..her." I couldn't make out my own words. He laughed at my moment of weakness. "Stupid bitch." He said under his breath. "Just like your fucked up mother."

My eyes looked over to her and she was bent over, on the floor, in tears. "Why do you do this?!"

He didn't reply. All I could tell was the vodka mixed with beer under his breath. He was drunk. He took all over his anger out on us.

And then for the first time in my life, I got pushed to the floor, followed by a hard hit in my face. I didn't know what came over me as I blacked out.

It was too much for me to remember. That was around the time my mom had a breakdown. I didn't wanna think about it. I sighed and touched the blade again. I looked down at my cuts, tracing the old ones and barely touching the newest; still inflicted.