Chapter Thirty-Four

Justin-

I felt like a better and changed person. For good or bad, I wasn't sure. But I felt like I could take a deep breath and finally live my life. I wrapped my arm around my beautiful girlfriend's waist as we walked down the hallway as a bunch of people stopped and starred. Fine, it might be a little shocking that I'm dating her so quickly after just getting out of a relationship, but who cares. I'm finally doing me and it feels great.

I walked past Ryan and the look on his face- priceless. He pushed me back as I tried walking away from him. I gave Sam a look like I needed a couple minutes and she nodded and walked away.

As soon as she was gone, he started to flip. "What the fuck, man? You're dating HER now?"

Here we go again. "Yeah, why? You're gonna tell me I can't? What are you, my mom?"

He rolled his eyes. "No, I'm not gonna tell you that you can't. I'm just disappointed. I thought you and Arielle-"

I cut him off. I didn't wanna hear about her and how much I would be 'hurting her.' I don't even really care anymore. She's not even at school still and when she comes back, if she ever does...fuck it. I don't care about hurting her anymore. She's just a fragile little girl who will always be messed up in the head. Sam made me realize that I don't need that shit and that I can be free from it. "Me and Arielle are history." I tried to say that in the most harsh voice possible.

"Seriously? You're gonna go back to the way you were before you met her?"

"Yeah? Is that a crime or something?"

"No, it's just that I thought you were different. I thought you were really changing into a good guy. I thought-"

"Well you thought wrong, okay? I'm sorry I'm not perfect but this is the way I am and going to be. Maybe I changed for the good for awhile, but I realized how boring and unrealistic that life is. I wanna be me and if you don't like it, well then consider me your enemy."

"Justin, that's not what I'm trying to say. I'm not trying to offend you or make you upset. I'm just saying..I want my friend back."

"Oh please, you don't even need me, you have your girlfriend to take care of 24/7. Well, that's what you seem to be doing all those times I wanted to hang out. But you know what, whatever. If my "friend" can't accept me for who I really am, then maybe he isn't the friend I need."

"Oh really? Then who's your real friend? Chaz? The guy who practically tried to ruin everything good happening for you? You're gonna go back to him now?"

"Hm." I said, thinking about this. "That's actually not a bad idea. Maybe he's a better friend then you'll ever be. He'll actually like me for me and not try and tell me what to do or be."

"Justin, he's an asshole. He's not good. I thought you wanted to be better. For your mom, your dad, yourself, Arielle.."

"Would you stop bringing up Arielle?! I don't wanna talk, or even think about her, okay?"

"Why are you getting so upset? And specially when I mention her?"

I bit my lip, trying not to get too angry. I can't seem to control my anger these days. "Because."

"Because what? You still love her? Yup, that's probably it."

"Would you stop?" I replied harshly. "You know, if you were a true friend, you'd stay out of my personal life. Guys don't do that. Specially best friends. If I wanted to talk to you about my shit, I would come to you. I don't wanna have a load of shit on me, I just wanna live my life as she's probably doing hers. I'm done with it, okay?"