Encounters

-Chapter 30-

Bree (POV)

After my fight with Carl I decided to walk home on my own. Many people who knew me from school offered to drive me, but I was too angry to even talk to someone without punching them right in the face.

-
-

"Hey sis, you're back early"

"Yeah, shit went down with Carl"

Lana was obviously curious about what happened so I explained it to her. Unlike Carl she knew exactly why I take the gang shit so seriously. She told me I should've explained to him why I wanted him to quit, but I saw no point in doing that. He had already promised me he would and failed to keep it up.

Anyways, my sister always knows how to make me laugh. We watched a few movies together and cuddled on the sofa until I got tired and went upstairs.

I woke up late at night to my empty bed

I woke up late at night to my empty bed. By this time I was already used to share it with Carl. It's been a while since I last slept on my own.
Flashes of what we had lived through this last moths came rushing to my mind. I was overwhelmed by them, so I decided to take a walk.

"Where ya goin?". Shit.

"Sorry Lana! Didn't meant to wake you"

"No problem, just go back to sleep"

I convinced her I was going to, but I desperately needed some air to clear my mind of what had happened. Maybe I had overreacted. But at the same time I couldn't stop thinking about the day in which he told me he'll quit. It was our first date, and I think it was the first time I had opened up to him. How could he betray my trust like that?

-
-

Without making any noise this time I got out through the back door and began to walk with no destination at all.
While walking down the streets and thinking about the fight I accidentally bumped into some chicks. "Just like the day I met him" I thought to myself. But this time he was defintely not going to save me. I was on my own.

These girl were completely south-siders from head to toe. But little they knew who they were messing with.

The bitch that led the squad took a step closer to me and whispered to my ear "A pretty girl like you shouldn't walk this streets alone at this time of the night". Why the fuck is he treating me like a baby?

"Fuck off". I pushed her a side and kept on walking when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm not done with you bitch". The huggest one of them turned me over so I was facing their 'leader'. She kicked my stomach hard, making me fall into my knees breathless.

"I think she needs to be taught some modals, right girls?". They all nodded and she approached me with her fist on the air. I quickly caught my breath, got up, dodged her punch and hit her back.

It seems the rest of her friends weren't too pleased to see this little bitch receive a punch, so they all jumped at me. Five vs one? Seriously?

I tried to defend myself as much as I could but two of them grabbed me by the arms while the others took turns to hit me.

After being beaten up badly I did what I had never done in my entire life: I stood up and got the hell out of there.

Blood was running down my face and this motherfuckers kept on following me. At one corner I managed to get into a bus, loosing them for good.

/

I cleaned up my wounds without looking where I was headed until the driver told me to step out. Fucker. I did as he said and began to walk. However, I knew  exactly where I was going. A long walk after, I reached my destination: the beach. I went straight towards the spot where Carl and I had our first date. I really don't know why I did that though, guess I'm some kind of masochist. 

-
-