Lies

-Chapter 29-

Carl (POV)

Just when things were getting hot some dude had to barge in and interrupt us.

"Hey sorry man, but those guys over there wanna talk to you"

Fuck. I forgot about them.

"Shit yeah, tell them I'll be there in a second"

-

"Where you going?". Bree asked all confused.

"I need to take care of something. I'll be back in a second and we'll continue this babe"

-

Bree (POV)

Carl left and I felt a sudden urge to pee. On my way to the bathroom I couldn't stop myself from hearing Carl's conversation with those guys.

"Hi boss, sorry to interrupt but there's something you need to know..."

Did he just called him boss?

"What is it? You better make it quick cause my girl's waiting"

"Will do boss... we, we lost one of our guys last night. He was caught by the police but we already handled everything. He won't say a word"

"Why tf you tell me if you've already taken care of it?"

"Oh we, um, we just thought you might like to know boss"

"Of course I do, but don't ever bother me again if Im with my girl unless it's a matter of life and death. Understand?"

"Yes boss"

"Alright now leave"

Wtf. Was he fucking serious right now? He was still on the gang business after he told he'll stop? How could I not notice during this last months? What a prick.

-
-

I was about to leave when fucking Carl grabbed me from behind.

"Leaving without me babe?"

"Actually yeah, I am"

"Wait, what? What's wrong baby?"

"Don't baby me Carl! You know damn well what's wrong! You said you were done with the gang shit!"

"You heard my conversation?

"Ugh are you really trying to change the subject?"

"Didn't loose anything by trying"

"Grow up Carl"

"Oh come on Bree don't be like this"

"I told you how much it meant to me Carl, but you decided to lie instead. I don't know if I can still trust you now". With that said I walked off not looking back.

.
.

I woke up at 3 AM in my empty bed. By this time I was already used to share it with Carl. It's been a while since I last slept on my own.
Flashes of what we had lived through this last moths came rushing to my mind. I was overwhelmed by them, so I decided to take a walk.

"Where ya goin?". Shit.

"Sorry Lana! Didn't meant to wake you"

"No problem, just go back to sleep"

I convinced her I was going to, but I desperately needed some air to clear my mind of what happened. Maybe I had overreacted. But at the same time I couldn't stop thinking about the day in which he told me he'll quit. It was our first date, and I think it was the first time I had opened up to him. How could he betray my trust like that?

~~