|24| Going Back To The Past

You dragged Carlos somewhere away, away from everyone else because you didn't want them to come in and you did it by instinct. You were now alone with him, something you didn't want.

"What was that for?" Carlos asked.

"If I stayed then my classmate would have asked me what it was and I didn't feel like explain it to them," you tell him.

"This seems so much like back then," Carlos says.

"Seems like it," you said as you seat down on a very big rock, "You're okay with ditching right?" you said as you try to change the subject.

"For you, anything is fine," he says as he sits beside you.

"Smooth but that isn't going to work, it still doesn't change anything," you tell him.

"I know," Carlos says as he looks at the ground, "Do you remember the first time your uncle come and tried to clam you?"

"How could I forget?"

Carlos looks at you, "How could anyone forget. It was the first time you have ever wasted food," Carlos says with a small laugh.

"It was the first thing I could grab," you tell him as you looked at him.

"But you didn't have to throw it at him and you even pour water all over him."

"It wasn't water," you said as you remembered it.

"Then what was it?" he asks.

"Toilet water," you tell him.

He looks at you and then you both burst out in laughter, "So that's why he was smelling so bad?" he asks.

"Oh yeah," you say with a laugh.

Once you both stopped laughing, you looked in front of you, "Last time we were lucky because we were able to use the excuse of Tadaomi being my godfather but I don't think we can use that excuse, if he came back after two years then he has something up his sleeve," you tell him.

"What do you think he's planning?"

"I don't know," you say honestly. You clutched your hand together and dug your nails into your skin. 

"Hey," Carlos says as he put his hand on yours, you looked at him, "We won last time and this time it won't be any different," he tells you.

"How can you be so sure? We won last time because we had witnesses, you, Izzy, Naoki, Kaito, Laurie and Usui. You guys have been over to my house so many time so it made sense that you guys would see what kind of father was Tadaomi to me but now it's different. No one has been to my house ever since... ever since I ran away...," you tell him.

"(Name)..."

"My uncle will be taking over my Granpa's company and that's a big thing. Tadaomi is an assassin, who do you think the judge will make me go to? A dangerous life with an assassin father or a successful life with the next ECO of a company?" you ask Carlos.

"I can see why this is bad but you need at less one person that has been to your house, can you think of one?" Carlos ask.

"No, no one...Wait! there has been someone," you said as you remembered Karma visiting your place.

"Who?" Carlos ask.

You smiled as you remembered how Karma would come over. You loved how he comes over when you got hurt and how he fed you, took care of you. He comes over to your house so many times, "Karma did, so many times," you tell Carlos as you have a gentle smile on your face. When you mentioned Karma you had an expression that looked calm and smoothens as if all your problems went away.