|77| Pizza

"Want to get lunch?" Karma asks him.

"Lunch? Yeah, thanks but no," Ryu tells him and then looks at Nena, "Let's get out of here," he tells her as he walks away.

Nena stops him, "Ryu, wait, you should give him a chance," Nena tells him quietly so that Karma doesn't hear. Karma was still standing there waiting to see if he'll change his mind or just continue to walk away.

"Nini put yourself in my shoes, would you have given your mom a chance if she was here, asking you for lunch? As if all the years she left you alone was nothing?" Ryu asks her.

"No, you're right there, I wouldn't. Maybe because she did leave and ask as if it was nothing but you told me that he didn't know that he had you. He didn't know that he had his son so him not being there isn't fully his fault and he wants to be there now. Think about how much courage he has right now to even ask you for lunch," Nena tells him.

Ryu looks at her and then looks away because Nena did have a good point. "I really hate it when you're right," Ryu tells her and she smiles.

"Of course you do, now go. It's free food right?" Nena tells him with a smile which makes Ryu look at Karma.

"You're paying right?" Ryu asks him.

"If that's what it takes for you to have lunch with me," Karma tells him.

"Where's your dad?" Ryu asks Nena.

"He said he was going to wait at the car for me while I get my stuff," Nena tells him.

"I'll--"

"I can walk there by myself, you don't need to worry about me. Go," Nena tells him and Ryu nods.

"Alright, where's your car, old man?" Ryu says as he walks up to him.

"Right this way," Karma tells him.

Nena goes to her father's car and gets in and she goes home. You were in your car waiting for Ryu but then you got a text from Ryu asking if he can go have lunch with Karma. This surprised you because you never expected for Ryu to text you, asking you permission to have lunch with Karma.

You told him it was alright but why and he just told you that Karma asked him for lunch and that he was paying. Ryu also told you that free food is free food. You told him that you'll be at home and that if anything happens that he should contact you.

Ryu was in Karma's car. He was sitting in the front with his seatbelt on and his phone out. Karma was also in his car and he was putting his car keys in, "Hey, um, before I take you anywhere, shouldn't you get your mother permission, I mean, you shouldn't you at less let her know?" Karma tells him.

"She said it was fine," Ryu tells him as he puts his phone back into his pocket, "Where are we going?" Ryu asks him.

"Anywhere you want," Karma says as he looks at him with a smile.

"You sure about that?" Ryu asks him.

"Why do I have a feeling that I'm going to regret letting you pick?" Karma asks as he raises an eyebrow.

"Because you are," Ryu says as he was taking his phone back out to check places that Karma can take him out to eat.

"Let me guess, you're going to pick the most expensive place so that you can try to spend all my money, right?" Karma asks because he remembers you telling him that when it comes to food, Ryu is like you. 

He remembers how you would take him to expensive places to also waste his money for fun in junior high. He wouldn't have done that to anybody else, just you because one, he wanted to see you smile as you were eating and he didn't care that it was his money and two, he wanted to impress you that taking you to fancy places can show you that he can be someone that care treat you right.