Chapter 3

Colton's POV
Has there ever been something you wanted and you had no clue why? I mean I can have anything I really want. I can give a small smile, maybe a wink and get it but right now I want something that just won't seem to give in and it annoys me.

For some reason Tenley Brady has incased my thoughts and I don't know why! I mean of course she is gorgeous, not like the normal girls I get but she is really easy on the eyes. I kind of like her whole not caring what people think about her, dressing how she wants to dress, talk how she wants and I love she doesn't take my crap.

Normally after my first little encounter with them they fall for my bullshit but here I have tried twice, actually had my hands in her pants twice and I haven't even made any lean way. I haven't got a kiss; I haven't got a dirty smirk I haven't got anything but one damn smile. Yes the smile was probably the cutest thing I have truly ever seen but it still isn't anything I really want.

On top of all that what the hell is that Zane guy? I didn't like that text, I didn't like Tenley lied to her brother only because in the time I have been around them you can tell they don't lie to each other, they don't keep secrets.

However I feel with that text from her brother's supposed close friend would not be something Max would be too pleased with. Hell I made a small joke on the baseball field about how I never knew how hot his little sister was and he got a look like he smelled dog shit or something. It was just a small comment and he made that face I can't imagine what he would say about the text.

Max is clearly protective of his sister and I think that is really cool. I mean it's not his real blood sister and still he acts like she is the most important person to him, but I get that. Having a little sister is really the best thing in the world.

"Colton?" I hear the small voice call and of course I smile hearing it, "Colty where are you?" the small babble comes along with the patter of little footsteps down the hall.

"In here Raine." I call as the little strawberry blonde bouncing curls round the corner of my room and sliding across the floor. "Whoa Princess be careful." I laugh catching her before falling on the floor, "How many times have I told you not to run?" I question and she just licks her top lip her blue eyes looking up at me, "Raine."

"I'm sorry." she huffs clearly annoyed with me, "But I called you forever!" she protest making it sound like since she called me forever it excuses running around the house and I just shake my head at the little two year old in my arms.

"I'm sorry Princess my mind is just not here today." I apologize, "You forgive me?" I pout sticking out my bottom lip but she just shakes her head no crossing her arms over her small chest, "Raine you aren't seriously mad I didn't come when you called right?" I question but still she doesn't look at me, "Raine…" I grin as I move my hands to her side.

"Stop!" she squeals trying to jump away from me as I start to tickle her, "Stop please!"

"Do you forgive me?" I ask as I keep tickling her.

"Yes." She giggles squirming.

"Good." I smile stopping my tickling but seeing a small bruise on her little normally perfect arm, "Raine what happened?" I ask knowing the answer already but she doesn't answer just curls her body into me, "Raine what happened to your arm?" I repeat and she starts to get upset, "I'm not mad Princess; just tell me what happened?"