Chapter 7

Tenley's POV

"Ok explain to me again why you are agreeing to this?" Max corks a brow at me as he parks his car in the school parking lot.

"Because he asked and has no one else," I explain about the millionth time since I told him I was skipping school and watching Raine. To say big brother was confused would be an understatement. He has asked about a million questions, wondered when Colton and I became so close that asking to watch his sister was a normal thing and why I was skipping school? He personally didn't understand why I could skip school but he couldn't.

"But last time we talked about Colton you said and I quote," he pauses a second to clear his throat. "It was that Colton and I can't spend more than ten minutes around each other without him annoying me. You really need to get new friends," he tries to mock my voice but fails miserable.

"Your voice is too deep to make fun of mine," I inform him like that was the problem here.

"Tenley…" oh no I know that tone, he is giving me his warning tone. I hate that tone it makes me feel like such a child.

"Max," I push my hair out of my face annoyed already with this conversation. "Look he looked so desperate alright and I felt really bad for him. Yes ok he annoys me but Raine doesn't and I really don't mind giving up a glorious day of school to help her," I explain really meaning that.

I felt bad for Colton, every time I see him he seems to just have to weight of the world on his shoulders and though I don't get it, it does explain a lot. His mood, the way he seems completely closed off from the world and that he has this persona at school that I have seen change into something completely different every now and then. It's almost like he walks through the doors and a switch flips inside of him and he throws up every wall he has and doesn't let anyone see the real him; I feel like I could like the real him. I mean in a friendly way.

"Well alright," Max sits for a second clearly trying to figure out if he is happy with my answer; I can tell he still isn't sure but just chooses to dismiss it. "Is Molly coming to the game tonight?" he asks casually as he reaches in the back for his bag.

"Yes…" I watch him carefully as he opens his book bag searching through it. "Why?" It's my turn to kink my brow looking at him.

"I was just wondering, making sure there is someone there to look after you," he shrugs opening his door. "Shit I forgot my bag for the game you think you could bring it tonight?" he changes the topic quickly and like he did with me I let it slide…for now.

"Sure no problem," I shrug, drumming my fingers on my knees wondering where Colton was. I figured he would be here by now, being as school is about to start in about, I look at my phone…four minutes.

"Ok thanks," he leans over kissing my head. "I'm off to school, enjoy your sick day," he climbs out of the car.

"Thanks Bubba enjoy school," I give a wave as he huffs slamming the door and walking off.

Ten minutes pass and the warning bell rings and still no Colton, fifteen minutes and the final bell and again no sign of his red sports car and no text and I admit it, I'm a little worried.

"Colton…" I breathe into my phone when once again his answering machine picks up. "I'm sitting here and I have no clue where you are. I told you I would meet you at school but I admit I'm kind of worried. I hope Raine is ok. I umm…" I pause thinking about what I should say. "You know I'm going to assume you are at home and just over slept or something so if you get this, call me back because I'm just going to head over," I tell him climbing over the divider of the car and grabbing the spare from my purse. "See ya in a bit," I slide my phone hanging up and tossing it on the seat.