Chapter 6

Colton's POV

"Colty you sad?" Raine sits on my bed playing with my hair.

"Not sad," I mumble looking at the TV, as some fairytale movie plays through my room. I don't know why I agreed to watch this, it's boring. I mean I need to learn to get Raine to watch something a little less annoying, I would take that little orange missing fish over this.

"You mad?" she pushes her little hand over the top of my hair. "That's feels funny," she giggles, yanking back to touch it again.

"I'm not mad either Princess," I chuckle sitting up on the bed. "Are you hungry?" I question pausing the movie.

"Yup, yup," she jumps up, standing on my bed and reaching for me. "Up, up."

"Up, up," I mock slinging her over my shoulder.

"Colty!" she giggles as we move through the house towards the kitchen.

"And here we are," I drop her on the counter. "What you want to eat?" I ask opening up the fridge and looking around. I need to go to the store; I could ask Lucy, our house keeper to go but I don't mind. Anything to get out of this damn house is fine with me.

"Colton!" the voice cuts through the silent house and I watch my little sister freeze on the counter.

"Shoot me in the face," I groan dropping my head as I stand there. "Yeah?" I call back knowing if I don't answer where I am it will just give him one more thing to bitch about.

"I have an interview today," he walks into the kitchen, like always in his business suit and briefcase.

"Alright?" I look at him not sure why he is one having an interview and two why he is telling me. I don't care what he does with his time, as long as he leaves Raine and I alone who give a shit. "I don't care what you do," I shrug, side stepping in front of Raine so she doesn't look at him.

"It's a completely new cooperation Colton," his tone is completely put off with me. "If it turns out right then it will be what you take over, so it's in best interest to you that it goes well."

"I don't want your business dad," I cross my arms over my chest.

"You will take this Colton. I have spent years building this up for you and you will take it over after college," he informs me, his ice blue eyes not at all in comparison to Raine's. Everyone says she has his eyes but if you look at this man and the baby behind me you would never compare the sparkle in her gorgeous eyes to the dead life in his. "You will go to Stanford-"

"I'm not going to Stanford," I interrupt him. "I told you that."

"Colton stop being so stupid," he snaps at me. "You will go and you will take over the company like we planned."

"We didn't plan anything. You planned it and I never got a say," I snap back at him, seeing his body stiffen up; he's pissed.

"I give you every damn thing you want Colton, you never have to work for a damn thing; so yes you will go where I tell you and you will take the business," he tightens his fist by his hands. "That's if you want things to stay the way they are," he cuts his eyes over at Raine. "Hey honey," he fakes a smile at her and I can feel her cringe behind me. "Raine can you say hello?" his voice is sugar sweet with a hint of order.