13. where I can't follow

"Oh?" she repeated and got a quick nod. "You say you're pregnant and he says oh?!"

"Right!" she threw her hands up annoyed. "I mean, ok, yes I get there was a shock, but really? All he could offer was a mumbled oh and about ten minutes of just awkwardly staring at my stomach? What the hell?"

"Maybe he just needs a moment to let it sink in," Hannah tried to offer, she herself trying to understand how all this happened. After Tenley and her talked and she told her everything things started to make more sense. Her crazy acting, her pushing Colton away, all of it made sense. And honestly the 'oh' did to make a point make sense, that was a lot to take in.

"Maybe this just isn't how he pictures his life at twenty-three," she collapsed on the bed with a sigh. "We are so young Hannah and yes one day he might want a family but not now. I should...I shouldn't have said anything. I should have just let him go and figured this out on my own."

"Raise a baby on your own? You really think that would have gone over well?"

"I don't know ok!" she threw her head in her hands and let out a small cry. "I planned so many things but not him being so...so disappointed looking. I never thought I would tell him the truth and he would just let me leave like that. I just...I expected him to be panicked but not disappointed."

"Ten..."Hannah dropped down beside her and rubbed her back. Honestly, not too sure what to say in this situation. She never experienced this before, she wasn't sure there was a right thing to say.

"You should have seen his face, Hannah," she shook her head as the pressure built in her eyes. "He's never looked at me like that..."

"I don't think he is disappointed or mad or anything but a little freaked out, Tenley. I mean, he thought you were breaking up with him and now you tell him you're pregnant. What's a guy to think? His mind is probably in about a million places right now. Has he called you yet?" she wondered and the brunette shook her head. "Oh girl," she tugged her into a hug. "He will...just needs to understand what is happening. But he will call...I promise..."

"And if he doesn't?"

"He will," she smoothed out her hair and gave a reassuring smile. "If it means he gets you back, he will call..."

"Dude, you're giving me a headache," Lee walked into the room and found his friend tossing the ball against the wall, it bounce back to him and he just do it again. "Are you seriously still pissed at me?" he groaned and rolled his eyes. "I'm not having sex with Tenley!"

"No..." he spoke finally and caught the ball just to toss it again. "But you knew she was pregnant," he snapped and squeezed the ball tight, his friend tensed up a little before he tossed it again. "So yeah, I'm a little pissed..."

"She asked me not to say anything..."

"And that makes it ok?" he snapped and sat up annoyed. "My girlfriend broke up with me! She broke up with me and gave me know reason why and you saw it! You watched me rack my brain trying to figure out what I did and you said nothing!"

"Colt..."

"You've been my best fucking friend since we were kids, man. You didn't think ever to tell me..." he tossed his hand to the side with a dry laugh.

"I know, I know man. But she was going through some stuff and I was trying to be there for her. I was-"

"You shouldn't have done shit!" he yelled and the ball so hard at the wall it left a mark. "You shouldn't have gotten in the middle of it! This is my relationship, my girlfriend and everyone let me stay completely in the dark on this! Was I not going to get a say in any of this?"