8. where I can't follow

Where is he again?" Molly asked once again and the young girl rolled her eyes.

"He is at school," she shrugged. "He had a huge essay he had to finish and I told him it wasn't that big of a deal."

"It is a big deal Ten," her friend told her with a shake of her head. "It's your senior prom," she repeated to her and the young brunette wanted to snap. She knew it was her senior your prom, she knew that she had actually been excited about it all year and she would admit when Colton said he couldn't take her, it hurt her heart a little. But she didn't doubt at all he would be here if he could.

"Yes and I got to have an amazing prom with him last year," she told her, a little more bite in her tone to prove she wanted to drop this conversation. "I'm ok," she said with a shrug. "Now go find that brother of mine and enjoy your dance. Because it is your senior prom," she teased and got a laugh.

"Alright girl, but if you want to cut in at any time let me know," she gave her a sidewise hug and stood up. Glancing up around the room, she watched as all the couples moved to the center of the dance floor and spun around it. Them all smiling big and looking so happy.

Searching her phone from her purse, she stood up and moved toward too large French doors and stepped outside. Shivering a bit in the cold she slid the lock on her phone and hit the number two and brought it to her ear. Drumming her fingers on her chin, she leaned on the rail as she waited for him to answer.

"Hey Pretty Girl," he answered with a small yawn. "How are you?"

"I'm ok," she chewed nervously in the night and looked up at the sky. "Just miss you..."

"Oh I miss you too baby girl...so damn much," he ran a hand through his hair, truly hating how long it had been since he saw her. She had come up to visit about a month back and since then life had gotten nuts. Though, he was really only an hour away, she got busy with school and finishing up her senior year and he got slammed with midterms and essays. This was going to be the first time in a long month he got to see her and he hated he wasn't there. "Are you having fun?"

"Not really..." she mumbled toying with a chipped piece of wood on the rail before her. "I hate dances..."

"I know, you do..." he laughed knowing unless they were together they thought they were dumb. Tenley only went to this one because it was her senior year and she thought it was what one does. "What are you wearing?" he smirked and imagined the look he received.

"Nothing that would turn you on," she glanced down and gripped the side of her dress. "Probably bore you..."

"Don't at all believe that," he objected, swearing his girl could be in a garbage bag and turn him on. "Plus, I haven't had sex in a month..."

"Really? I've been having tons," she teased before releasing a giggle.

"You aren't funny..." he grumbled.

"I know I'm not..." she pulled in a long breath and released it, shivering a bit in the cold air.

"Cold?"

"A little," she told him as she stared out at the view before her. There a pause on the other end before it clicked what he just said. "Wait...how did you know I was cold?" she spun around and looked around her. "How did you know I was outside?"

"Because I see you..." he smirked and her eyes widened when she turned again trying to find him.

"Where are you?" she slowly walked down the walkway.