Chapter 21

"Have you talked to Colton lately?" Max asks as we sit in the living room.

"No, why?" my head snaps up to look at him as I worry on my lip. I don't want him knowing about me and Colton, especially since it's over.

"His dad was at practice yesterday," he informs me. "Things seemed a little heated…"

"Oh…" I add more pressure on my lip trying really hard not to care about that. I know Colton's dad, well I don't know him but I know he doesn't come around often and when he does they are not under good terms. Plus if daddy dearest is around maybe that would explain his moodiness the last few days.

"Yeah… I don't know what it was about I just know it wasn't good," he tells me and I just nod spinning the spoon in my cup. "But hey you want to go to Riggy's?" he jumps up dropping the controller by his feet.

"Umm…"

"Come on Ten," Zane runs his hand over the arm rest of the couch looking down. "I've been here a few days and you've spent them locked in your room. Come hang out with us, please?" he glances up at me and I see tons of things I don't want to see race through his eyes.

"Alright," I cave standing up. "Let me go change real quick," I tell them and they nod as I head upstairs.

"Oh my god," Hannah laughs holding the napkin to her mouth. "Shut up, you are so dumb," she shoves Darren's face from her and he gets a grin.

"You love me," he rolls his eyes slamming his mouth into hers making her squeal before kissing him back.

I want that. I realized that the last thirty minutes of watching them go back and forth that I want that with someone. Honestly I want that with Colton. No matter how out there that want may be I want it. I want the laughing and flirting and kissing and touching, I want all of that. I miss him. I miss him a lot and it makes my heart physically hurt right now not having him.

"Oh Ten we were thinking in a couple of weeks going to my parents cabin," Hannah informs me. "We already talked Max and Molly to come, you think we could get you to join?" she questions with a slight smirk and I wonder what that is about.

"Uh…maybe," I tell her shifting slightly in my chair. "I'll see what's going on…"

"You have nothing going on," Max leans back in his chair, his arm along the back of Molly's. "You should come; it would be nice to get out."

"I'll think about it," I shrug pulling my sleeves over my hands and sinking back in my chair kinda wanting to go home.

"Tenny!"

The voice travels through the small room and my heart tightens in my chest when I turn to see the little strawberry blonde moving towards me.

"Cupcake!" I grin standing from my chair and moving towards her.

"Dats me!" she throws her arms around my leg and looks up at me. "You miss me?"

"You know I have," I reach down to pick her up, her little arms wrapping tight around my neck. "I've missed you a lot," I admit knowing I've missed her tons. One of the worst things about not seeing Colton anymore is not seeing Raine. I can't help it. I got attached to her, it's hard not to. "Hi Colton," I look up at him and he just completely dismisses me and slides passed us to the table.