Chapter 8

Tenley's POV

The music is blasting through the entire house and the drinks are flowing. Everyone is crammed in the living room where Max and I had recently removed our coffee table and anything else that might be in the way. Looking around the sea of people in my house I realize something.

I'm completely pathetic.

Of all the people here, the ones smiling and dancing and saying hello to me as they pass by I realized that I only know all of maybe ten people. Yes of course I know most in passing or have heard of them at school but I couldn't tell you a thing about them and I know they could probably not tell you my name, probably just know me as Max's sister, I've always been that person.

"Tenley…" a hand slides along my back giving me a shiver.

"Oh, hey Jackson," I grip his hand pulling it off my hip. Another thing I realized is Jackson drinks, a lot. He also has had his tongue shoved down half the girls in the room and has now decided to notice my presences here. I mean even though it is my damn house.

"I've been looking everywhere for you," the glazed look in his eye making them seem a little more fake.

"Mhmm, I bet," I mumble against the rim of my cup.

"Well I'm glad I found you," he slurs, stepping closer, his arm again sliding along my backside. "So how about that bet? I mean I did win."

"Yup, looks like you did," I agree, keeping my eyes locked on the room and not the drunken jackoff next to me. "But I don't think the terms were fair because you see I didn't know you had a girlfriend and I don't move in on other peoples' territory."

"I have no girlfriend," his body straightens up looking at me.

"Oh I thought she was," I nod my head to the blonde in the corner who had spent the first half of the night giggling at everything he said. "Or maybe I am wrong and it's that one," I cut my eyes to the brunette girl who had his attention just a few moments before walking over to me.

"Oh so you are jealous?" he, I believe tries to smirk at me but with his drunken state only gives a goofy grin.

"Not even a little," I cut my eyes finally over at him before looking back at the crowd. "Jackson why don't we just be honest for a second?" I turn to look at him.

"Ok let's be honest," he lets his finger slip under my shirt and run along my skirt, my skirt that Coltonpicked out for me at the beginning of the week.

"You don't want me, not really," I grab his hand, his eyes lifting to look at me confused. "You just want to fuck me and not speak to me again," I keep my voice sugar sweet making him even more confused. But see I'm not stupid, I may look stupid but I'm not and I have watched him shove his tongue down girls' throats all night. Least Colton's game is better where if he is with other girls he doesn't do it in my face. He keeps up a good mystery side where even if he doesn't make me think he really does want me in a way. Jackson just screws around with what he wants and comes to me like I will forget it. Almost like those girls who know their boyfriends are cheating but still fake a smile and keep him around, I'm not that girl.

"Why would you get that impression, I'm talking to you now."

"Yes but I also haven't given you any and on top of that I never was going to," I shrug. Yeah maybe at first he seemed cute and sweet but his entire game went completely out the window when he got drunk. I know it may seem I'm being mean, hell I let Colton flirt with that girl in front of me and not say anything but with Jackson its different. Colton, I to a point have somefeelings for. Even if it's more friendly than anything but I do feel something but Jackson not even a little.