Chapter 12

"Ten…" I look up from my math book to see Max walking into the kitchen.

"What's up?" I reach for my coffee cup and take a sip.

"Are you really having Colton's sister over tonight?" he runs a hand over his buzzed head, walking to the fridge to get some juice.

"Well yeah," I scratch my nose. "I mean he needs help and I don't mind helping him."

"Why?" he turned to look at me confused. "I mean it's cool he helps you with English but-"

"Wait? What?" I look at him confused.

"Colton told me Ten, it's ok that he is helping you with English. I think it's cool but I don't get why you two are being so friendly," he tells me, his brow rising with suggestions.

"What? No! Gross," I cringe; well pretend to cringe at the thought. "Eww Max, Colton is an arrogant, jackass who thinks about himself, well he thinks about Raine but other than that himself."

"So you aren't like crushing on him or something? It's really just because he is helping you with school so you help him with Raine?"

"Of course Max," I tell him like it's that obvious. "I mean he has his moments of being sweet but they are extremely rare and I could never in my life have a crush or anything on him," I tell him, feeling extremely guilty for lying to him. I love my brother more than anything but he can't know about Colton and I. That could end badly.

"Alright," he gave me one last glance before going back to making his breakfast, me breathing out a long sigh and going back to finishing the homework I should have finished last night.

"So…" I lean up against the locker, my books close to my chest. "You are tutoring me in English?" I lift my brows at him and he turns to look at me.

"I panicked," he admits. "He started asking questions and that was the first thing that popped into my head," he shrugged and I laugh. "I mean he just started asking questions about us and I don't know… just had to think of something random," he drops a book into his locker to look at me. "What?"

"Us?" I quirk a brow and he groans throwing in another book.

"Are you seriously pissed at me still? I thought things we fine, I mean I said I was sorry," he growls slamming his locker and turning to look at me. "Are you just one of those people who holds a grudge forever?"

"Colton…" I laugh touching his shoulder. "I was just kidding. I'm not mad, not anymore."

"I'm really sorry if I hurt you Ten. You have to know I would never do something like that."

"Actually I don't Colton," I tell him and his brows knit together. "I realized last night that I don't really know anything about you. I mean honestly there are only five things I know about you."

"And those are?" He takes a step closer, like always completely towering over me.

"Well you love Raine," I hold up one finger and he nods. "You are smart, great at baseball, extremely attractive and hate your dad," I tell him counting them off on my fingers. "Oh…" I pause remember one more thing. "You're mouth might be a gift from god," I confess, getting tingles just thinking about what that thing did to me.