12. where I can't follow

"Oh, hey," the blonde stepped into the room and took out her headphones. "When did you get here?"

"Earlier," she toyed with the small stuffed bear in her hand. "I spent the night at Billie's....had to talk about some stuff," she explained her night events. The words of the young blonde played over and over again in her head. She knew it was going to happen, she shouldn't be too upset. Sooner or later he was going to be tired of it and just give up on them, but she never knew it would hurt this bad. She had her heart broke before in the past, but nothing had ever felt like this.

"That's cool," she sat the water bottle on the night stand and went to sit on her bed. Kimber stared across the room at the girl who laid there silent. "Tenley," she spoke and the brunette kept focused on the small bear. "Are you just stupid?"

"Excuse me?" she twisted her head to look at her confused to where that came from.

"Are you stupid?" she repeated slower and the young girl's brows pulled together. "Because you might be the stupidest person I've ever met."

"No stop, Kimber tell me how you really feel," she rolled her eyes and threw the bear and sat up on the bed. "Don't sugar coat it, please."

"I'm sorry, I just feel someone should be honest," she slapped her hand to her leg with a short shrug.

"Honest about what?" Tenley let out a laugh. Not that she didn't like Kimber, not that they didn't hang out but there really wasn't much the girl knew about her. Their friendship wasn't serious, they didn't have serious conversations. They didn't get into each other's business and discuss problems. They just...they were roommates.

"Honest with the fact you are stupid," she repeated and the young brunette shook her head still lost. "I'm going to be honest with you, because...well I'm a bitch and really don't care anymore. Yes, we get along and are friends, but odds are high after school is over we...we will just be people the other mentions in passing."

"Kimber..."

"And that's ok," she rushed to tell her. "Because I'm about to be a bitch and odds are good you won't like me when I'm done anyway," she pulled in a long breath and slowly released it. "My freshman year I had a class...it was some bullshit class that I didn't give a damn about but it was a class," she explained and Tenley just got more confused to what was happening. "And I remember the first day...I was half asleep in the back with a large group of girls and the door opened. It had opened all morning and I didn't pay attention, but this time I did. This time someone walked in who caught my attention."

"Who?" the brunette swallowed nervously at what she was about to say.

"We know who Tenley," she told her and the young girl glanced down. "I wasn't the only one who noticed him either. All the girls did. He was quiet and brooding and just...just so damn sexy..."

"Kimber I don't know why you are telling me this..."

"Because every girl wanted him," she said like it was so obvious. "Every girl talked about this gorgeous ball player and girls tried. Girls tried so damn hard to get him but he just...he blew every one of them off. He spoke of his girl back home and he was good," she said and Tenley's eyes built with pressure. "And then, a year later you show up...this...this girl that we all wished was just a bitch and could hate for having him but we couldn't because you were just so damn sweet. It was like you didn't care that other girls found him cute, you didn't care if they tried to flirt with him because you had him. At the end of the day it was your bed he climbed into and you didn't give a damn what happened during the day."

"If I got upset every time a girl looked at Colton, or flirted with him, I'd be pissed off or depressed all the time," she told her because it was true. Colton...Colton just attracted people when he walked into the room. He didn't even have to speak, he just held this era about him that people wanted to know. Plus the fact he was so gorgeous didn't hurt either.