Chapter 5

Tenley's POV

"And then the French Revolution…" Blah, Blah bullshit. I don't care about the French Revolution; I don't care about the Great Depression or World War I or II because to me learning this is so pointless. I'm not going to join the army; I never plan on getting thrown into a battle field so why do I have to learn about it? I can honestly say in all my years of school, from kindergarten to now I don't really remember anything that involved history, I knew enough to get by the class and knew enough to give a little comment if my teacher asked. However today my teacher seemed more then annoying with his little spill on the Revolution.

Yet it's not Mr. Grains that is annoying me, not really. It's not his weird whistling noise he makes when he breathes or his pants that are just two inches to short, it's not his hair that needs a trim or his squeaky shoes; it really has nothing to do with him or the French Revolution. It's the fact that it's Tuesday and I am still annoyed with damn Colton Wells. I think in my head I let it wonder thinking he might not be the playboy I have built up in my head but that's just stupid thinking. Those few brief moments where he is with Raine, or just me or in a state of not paying attention to if anyone is watching him; where he seems actually human gets quickly erased when he lets his real self come through. His arrogance, his smirks and his thinking that I should just fall all over him is complete bull.

However instead of just telling him he is annoying and arrogant and truly one of the most fake people I have ever met; I just sit in class, chin rested on my hand and point out every small thing that is wrong with my poor teacher in the front of the class, who is just doing his job.

"So just finish reading over that for homework," Mr. Grains' voice pulls me out of my moments of thinking along with the bell to head to next class.

The class all mumble an ok, a groan or some acknowledgement to the older man before zipping out of the room. No one really enjoys that class, it's the longest and most boring of the day and part of me feels sorry for the older man at the front of the class. As I pack my bag I study him and realize he doesn't have a wedding ring, he doesn't have pictures of family or ever make a reference to anyone he is close to like a wife or kids and when you stand back and look at the man with the white hair and glasses he just looks lonely.

"Did you need something Ms. Brady?" he looks up at me as I stand in front of his desk, his left hand shaking as it holds a piece of chalk in his hand.

"No sir," I offer a smile placing my work from class that day on his desk. "Have a good day Mr. Grains," I see a small smile spread across his old face as I head out of the class.

"You think Mr. Grains has a family?" I ask Molly as I lean up against the locker next to hers, my books holding close to my chest.

"I don't know why?" she gives me a weird look as she pauses from putting her books in her locker.

"Nothing, I was just wondering," I shrug tucking my hair behind my ear. "But this Friday we are having a party at my place you coming?"

"Sure," she shrugs chewing on her bottom lip, a habit she has had since I have known her. "I mean I have to check with my mom but she probably won't care," she tells me and I figured that would be the case. Molly runs everything she does by her mom, they are big on that trust thing and tell each other everything and its cool; I just don't really have that so it's a little weird.

"That's cool, just let me know. I mean it's our party but it's really most of Max's friends," I tell her knowing that other then Molly, I don't have really any good friends here. Yeah of course I have friends, people I talk to everyday and the occasional text but other than that I don't actually hang out with them, more like those 'school friends' everyone has. The friends that know a lot about you when it comes to little things but nothing major and ya'll don't really hang out outside of school.