An Old but World Record Program

Your POV

The next morning, I woke up because the sound of my phone, ringing. I then got up to pick it up and it was Boyang. He said that he was sorry for waking me up and I told him that it was fine. He asked if I was ready to see him and Yuzu compete today and I told him that I was just about to have breakfast before I go to take a shower and get ready to leave. He told me to take my time and when I've arrived, I should call either one of them. I told them that I will and said goodbye before got ready to leave.

1 hour later and I'm fully set and ready to leave. I then grabbed my bag, said goodbye to my roommate and finally left. Once I've arrived to the mall, I called Boyang to let him know. He said that him and Yuzu are already near the rink and have told Misha to go to find me. I told Boyang good luck and to tell Yuzu good luck too before I turned off my phone.

A few minutes later, I felt a slight tap on my shoulder and when I turned around it was Misha. He brought me some drinks and light snacks to eat and drink while we watch the skaters perform.

"Hey, hope you had a good night sleep last night" Misha said

"It was ok. How about you? Did you have a good night sleep?" I asked back

"I'm fine. Are you excited for today?" Misha asked

"Definitely!! I can't wait to see the fs and see who will be on the podium" I said excitedly

"Who do you think might be on the podium (Y/N)?" Misha asked

"Well, not to be rude or anything but Yuzu and Boyang for sure will be on 1st and 2nd then for 3rd, I'm not sure. Maybe either Julian Yee or not Michael Martinez. Come to think of it, I've never actually seen those 2 perform" I said

"Really? You've never seen them perform?" Misha asked in shocked

"Hahaha, except for yesterday's sp. Nope. The competition is starting" I said pointing down to the rink

"Yeah, let's just hope that everyone skates cleanly and there's not interruption or anything wrong" Misha said

Within minutes, the competition started. Surprisingly, what Misha said was right so far. There has been no interruption or anything wrong was happening. Everyone skated cleanly even though I don't really like their presentation. It was a bit stiff but nevertheless everyone did skate cleanly. Or so I thought until Boyang and Yuzu's performance...

Before Yuzu, Boyang went first. Everything seemed fine at first. He nailed his 4Lz+3T combination and his 3A. But after the 2nd half, something weird happened. Boyang's music was off. Sometimes it was loud, sometimes it was so soft that you can almost not hear it. Luckily, Boyang manage to remember everything even though he seemed a bit off because of the music. But now I'm worried about Yuzu, I hope that nothing bad will happen to him. Not only won't he be able to concentrate but he's a 2x Olympic champion. If he messes up big time, it might be an embarrassment, loosing a competition that's not international.

After a few minutes since Boyang left the ice, Yuzu finally went onto the ice and the crowd went wild. He greeted everyone before taking his position on the ice. The crowd immediately went silent, waiting for the music to start. But unfortunately, no music was playing for a good minute or two.

This is bad, if there's no music within a few minutes, Yuzu will get disqualified. I then saw Yuzu leaving the ice and having a talk with coach Tracy and the judges. The crowd immediately went wild. No-one knows what's going to happen. Suddenly, a phone rang, it was Misha's.

"Yeah, she's with me at the moment. Ok, we're on our way" Misha said before turning off his phone

"Was that Yuzu? Is everything ok?" I asked, worriedly