Nationals Pt. 2

Your POV

It was the next day, meaning that it was the day of the free skate and the day that determines whether or not I have what it takes to compete in the challenger series which will be the base of whether or not I am able to compete in the grand prix series and so on. I got up and do my usual morning routine (cue the morning routine videos on youtube). I decided to go for a very much healthy breakfast of chocolate oatmeal with bananas and a glass of warm lemon water with honey (I know, very healthy) then wash the dishes, play a bit of piano before going back to my room to tidy my messed-up room and then shower.

After a nice warm shower, I changed into my training clothes like the other day and did a soft-romantic makeup as today's free program is way earlier than the short program, being just after lunch which was around 1 in the afternoon. After I have finished getting ready and changing into my training clothes, I looked at the time and it was already 9.30 in the morning. I then texted Javi asking where he was which he said that he is almost at my house which I replied saying that I'm already ready and just grabbing my skating suitcase along with a small bag for my phone, wallet, etc.

When Javi texted me that he was already in front of my house, I immediately head downstairs, put on my sneakers, said goodbye to my parents and head on out and went into the car with Javi who was waiting outside of the car. Javi then asked how I slept which I told him that I slept pretty good ever since before uni life since I was pretty tired after I got home and showered. Javi then smiled and asked on what did Yuzu think about the short program to which I looked at him with the 'how on earth do you know?' look but knowing how close Yuzu and Javi are, I am not really surprised. I then told Javi about what me and Yuzu talked about which Javi just smiled like a little kid while I looked away from him as I talk about it.

Once we've arrived, we immediately went to the rink and like usual, I did some stretches, off ice warm ups and jumps before proceeding to put my skates on and practice on ice. Because I arrived way earlier than the competition, I have more time to practise as well as have lunch before it was my turn to skate. Unfortunately, because I was in first place after the short program, I know have to skate last for the free program which makes me even more nervous as they would show the current skater on the TV within the waiting area. Though, I try not to think about it and just started to practise on ice. After during some stroking and practising a few jumps and stsq, Javi then told me to do a rundown of the free skate which I did and thankfully, it was nearly clean. Once the rundown was done, Javi gave some opinions and with that, we headed out to get some lunch before the actual competition begun.

Once the both of us have gotten lunch, we then head back to the rink as it was almost time for the competition. We went into the back and I started to do some more stretches as well as breathing as I was becoming more nervous. Javi even tried to help me by massaging my shoulders and telling me that it will be alright, I can do it. He said that I did very well in the short program the other day so I already have a head start to the competition but I denied however by saying that ever since Yuzu came to help, which I am definitely not against of, the skaters here have become better and better. Even able to do 3Lo, 3F, almost doing the 3Lz the right way. Even the 2nd place one is only different 10 points with me. While it does seem a lot, if I mess up or worst, pop a combo then we would be even and such.

While I was worrying here and there, the competition has begun and I was still sitting and trying to calm myself. Because I was skating last and there are 20 people including me and 1 free skate takes around 5 minutes max with the 4 minutes of the actual program and 1 minute to prep themselves means that it will take one and a half hour before it was my turn to skate. I then try to keep my cool by listening to some music that calms me as well as do a bit of off ice jumps, image training as well as imagining the program as the song of the program is playing. After the 2 groups were done, they did some ice resurfacing and I was just laying down on the ground, on my yoga matt while listening to some music when suddenly I got a call from Yuzu which I immediately picked I up.

Coincidence? More like Fate (Yuzuru Hanyu x Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें