What's Next?

Your POV

It has been 2 months since the Olympics. Since Yuzu won his third and final Olympic title since Zhenya won her Olympic title since I first competed at the Olympics for my country since Yuzu confessed and I told him that I don't want to rush into it and we should just try to maybe go on a few dates here and there until I can make my decision. The Olympics was over and along with it, we got many different memories and it wasn't long until worlds, where we all competed together for one last time as Yuzu, Zhenya, Jason, and maybe even Boyang, were all going to retire altogether. Worlds went by so fast and the result of worlds was basically identical to the Olympics for basically all the disciplines. Except maybe the ladies as Alena went to third while Rika went to second thanks to her cleaner program compared to the Olympics. Unfortunately, many good things must come to an end and Yuzu announced his retirement along with Zhenya, Jason and even Alena. The whole entire skating community must be shocked since all the best were retiring. Before ending the gala, Yuzu, Zhenya, Jason and Alena went to the center of the rink and each of them was given a chance to give a mini-speech before stepping off of the competitive ice one last time.

It was a very emotional speech and just like the crowd, the skaters started to tear up a bit here and there; especially during Yuzu's speech. Alena announced retirement as she said that she wants to pursue a career to be a neurosurgeon. She said that she is grateful to all of her coaches, family, doctors and fans for supporting her until worlds. She said that she has no regret at all. She said that she doesn't aim to be the very best against anyone but herself. Jason's speech was about how he's grateful for the opportunities he has gotten. He said while he was disappointed, he was not able to go to the 2018 PyeongChang Olympics or do more during that season, he said that he's grateful that the fans keep on supporting him and he's able to go beyond, do quads and compete in the top 6. After that was Zhenya's turn. She said that she knows she has done many wrong things. Being a bit over-confident, getting away with doing flutzes, salty that she lost against Alina, didn't give a proper goodbye to her old coaches and all. She said that she is sorry for everyone who feels that they were hurt by her. She also said that is thankful for everyone who has been with her since the beginning of her career up until she's about to end her competitive career. Zhenya said that she will still do shows here and there though, at the same time, she wants to find what else she wants to do and hopes that everyone will continue to support her. What shocked everyone is that she personally talks about Eteri. She even faced to Eteri, bowed and apologised for all the bad things she has done but she said that she is thankful to had a coach like her and made her one of the best. Finally, was the newly and final crowned Olympic and World champion. Yuzu was nervous when he got the mic as he can hear the audience tearing up. Yuzu looked at me which I gave him a nod.

Yuzu then first said by saying thank you to his family as they were the one that raised him and the first to support him in skating. He then thanked his previous coaches before going to Brian for teaching him up until he switched to Brian. He also thanked Japan for giving him the opportunity and supported him financially. He then thanked his fans for supporting him. Those who have been supporting him since the beginning and even those who recently just supported him, Yuzu thank them all. Yuzu said that while he isn't able to properly connect with his fans, he is grateful to have each and every single one of them. Yuzu giggled saying that if he could, he would personally give each fan a winnie the pooh plush which everyone giggled as well. Yuzu then said that he wants to coach skaters from all over the world, help people who weren't as lucky as him or many other, people who aren't as privileged as many people. He said that he's happy to be apart of the skating community and meet people from all over the world and even have supporters from all over the world. Yuzu said that he will continue to do skating shows for as long as he could and he even said that he wants to try and interact with his supporters more. Yuzu then finally said that it's time for a new generation to step up. He said that on behalf of the skaters who are retiring, he said that he believes there will be many skaters that are just amazing as they are and even better. He wishes everyone well and hopes the best for not only his fellow skaters but for everyone. He then grabbed the other skater's hand and the four of them bowed to the crowd one last time before all of us other skater went to them and hugged them. Taking individual pictures, group ones and one final group picture altogether. Once we were done, we head back in with Yuzu of course touching the ice, a bit tearing up and then bowed to the crowd one last time as he said arigatougozaimasu loudly with the mic before going backstage with the others.