Asian Winter Games pt. 1

Your POV

It has been roughly 6 months since I first came to Canada to properly train for the Asian Winter Games and it is now mid February which is when the Asian Winter Games is held. Currently, I am already in Sapporo, which is where it is held; with my teammates and practising for the short program that's coming up tomorrow. I was shock to see how many highly-trained athletes there was. And the fact that I'm sharing the same rink with Rika Kihira, Young Yoo, Mai Mihara, Eunsoo Lim, and many more athletes.

So far, I have been practising step sequence, some spins, and my triple jumps. Except for the triple axel. Despite while I was training in TCC, my 3A accuracy was near 50% but it was still not good enough so I decided to not do it just yet because I don't want to stress my legs the day before the actual short program because I've trained the 3A quite a lot a few days before I left to Japan. But mid way, I did try to do a 3A and somewhat landed it except the part where I touched the ice with one hand. After the whole practice was over, we all bowed to the crowd and then went back inside. My 'coach' (my old coach back home since it'll be confusing if Yuzu was here) then gave me my jacket and blade guards.

After packing up, we all then head back to our hotel to take a rest. But being a nervous wreck that I am and knowing that both Boyang and Shoma are in the same hotel room since they are both competing as well, I decided to text both Boyang and Shoma to come over to catch up which not long after I heard a knock on my door which I was welcomed with a huge smile and lots of snacks and a card game. For around 3-hours, we talked, played cards, catched up, and even had some snacks here and there. And not long after, I had a call from Yuzu while we were eating snacks. We all then called for an hour before the boys said that they were going back to their room. After the call ended, the boys said good night to me and good luck for tomorrow's sp which I said thanks for both the good luck and for wanting to come to my room to catch up and then let them out of the room.

(The next day)

Today was the day. The day of my first ever competition and my first sp. I woke up at 7 in the morning, showered, and get ready. I put on my training clothes and packed everything I needed for the competition. Like, the performance outfit, touch-up makeups, hair stuff, etc. Once I'm ready, I took all of my things and went out of the room downstairs to meet up with everyone else. We had breakfast and I had breakfast with the Indonesian team but I did talk to both Boyang and Shoma while we were taking the food. After breakfast, there was some instructions regarding the competition and then we were separated by busses then head towards the rink.

Once we were at the rink, we did some more registration and was guided towards backstage to put on our skates. Since I was put into the first group because there as no record of me competing, I immediately changed into my skates and got ready to practice before the actual competition starts. Once the first group and I were getting ready near the borders, the announcer talked for a while and then we were in the rink to practice. At first, I was practicing some stroking to warm up my body and to get used to the ice before actually trying to jump and spins. After I feel that I'm ready, I decided to start off by doing a 3-3 jump which was a 3lz-3T (rippon) and then a 3F, 2A, and the rest of the jumps. After the jumps I decided to practice my spins and even my step sequence. Not long after, practice was over and we were told to head back in while waiting for the Zamboni.

I then changed into my performance clothes and did some touch ups while listening to the song that I'll be using for my short program to remember the timing of jumps, spins, and step sequence. Because this is my first ever short program, I decided to dedicated it to Yuna Kim and perform her program from 2005 of Papa Can You Hear Me while my long program/ free skate is dedicated to Yuzu's SEIMEI. Whilst practising off-ice, I suddenly got so many notifications not only from my friends and family but the skaters in our group chat. I then replied to the messages and then Yuzu suddenly called me and asked how was I doing. I told him that I'm doing some off-ice practice while listening to the music and Yuzu just chuckled. I didn't realise how long we called because just as I know it, I was called to head to the rink for the 6-minute warm up. I then thank Yuzu for calling and checking up as well as comforting me and ended the call. I then went towards the rink and we started the 6-minute warm up. After the 6-minute warm up ended, it was my time to skate because I had no record of competing. My "coach" then calmed me while we were waiting for my name to be called.