Grand Prix, Here We Come

Your POV

The next day, I spent my day with my close friends. We went to cycle in one of the cycling places then have lunch. After lunch, we decided to play bowling. We then took the public bus to another part of Jakarta that has a mall to play bowling. After bowling, we then walked around the mall before taking the public bus again to another mall but that's closer to where we all live to hang out for a while. Once the sky got darker, I said goodbye to my friends and that I'll see them during the Christmas-new years break that I'm given. And finally, I parted ways with them and went back home.

Back home, my mom told me to start packing all the things I needed. She told me to bring 2 suitcases, 1 big one for when I stay in Canada and 1 small-medium sized one to bring when I start to travel to competitions with Yuzu and Boyang. And while I was packing my things, Yuzu suddenly called me. He asked whether I've finished packing or not which I answered with a sarcastic sorta and it made Yuzu lecture me about starting when I'm on the plane with him to go to grand prix events, I'm going to have to follow his rules. That is whether it's early morning practices, stand by coach Brian's side during practice, no unnecessary conversations when in public, and many others which I didn't really pay attention to because I was more focus on packing my things.

After not really replying to Yuzu, he finally increased his tone which made me jump a little and Yuzu giggled. I then told Yuzu to give me a minute to really finish my packing and then we finally had an actual conversation. Yuzu told me that our flight is a bit late, around 8pm. Which means we'll arrive at Helsinki, Finland at 6am Finland time. Great, it's like a 17-hour flight; which I've never experienced before (crying internally). Right when I was about to ask Yuzu something; he just told me to get a good night sleep, don't sleep too late, and said good night before turning off the call.

The next day, I got up quite early, around 6 in the morning. I then had breakfast, dropped my little brother to school alongside accompany my mother to the market then had a nice morning walk and finally went home. Back home, I helped my mom to cook lunch. The whole morning and afternoon, I spent my time chilling with my parents. And for once they even brought me to the mall to shop some things that I've always wanted; which was very rare since I would never buy things for myself let alone ask my parents to buy it for me.

Once we got back home, I saw that it was already 4.30 in the afternoon. Which means that I have to get ready and leave to the airport. I then took a shower and got ready. While I was getting ready; I saw Yuzu texted, asking whether I've already left to the airport or not and that he has checked in via online for the both of use. I replied, telling him that I just finished gotten ready and about to head to the airport. Yuzu then said that he's already on his way to the airport and will meet me at the main entrance.

Luckily the traffic isn't as bad as usual. Well, maybe because it was a weekday but still, it's Jakarta. We arrived at the airport at 6.30pm. Even though I told my parents that it's ok to just drop me at the main entrance, they still insisted on sending me off until both me and Yuzu go through immigration. At the main entrance, I tried to find Yuzu but instead he found me first, which is typical of Yuzu.

"Hey (Y/N)-chan, you're finally here" Yuzu said happily

"Yeap, I've got all of my luggage ready right here" I said while pushing my luggages

"Oh, hello Mr and Ms (your family name). It's nice to see you again" Yuzu said while bowing

"We just wanted to send (Y/N) off and make sure that the both of you pass through immigration alright" my mom said

"Ahh, of course. (Y/N)-chan, let's get our luggage check in" Yuzu said

Yuzu and I then made our way to the first class lane which both my parents were shocked at first until Yuzu explained that the one that's majority paying for the plane tickets, hotel, and other stuff are the government. After we've checked our luggage in, Yuzu said that we should head to immigration since it's already 7.15pm. I then hug and said my goodbyes to my family while my father reminds Yuzu to watch over me and call him whenever something happens. Yuzu then promised that he'll make sure I'll be on my best behaviour and that he'll make sure I'll be fine until I get back for chirstmas and new years.