Time for the Olympics

Your POV

After that day when I face-timed with Yuna Kim, I started to regain my motivation and my confidence back. Day after day, week after week, my 3A has been very consistent with only a few times of stepping out due to practising it late in the day, right before I went back home to rest. I even did try some quads every now and then along with trying it in my program as well. It was just a backup plan if anything unwanted were to happen in the short program. Though, as the days have gone by, it was getting closer to the Olympics. For the Olympics, we were able to go to China all together though Boyang may have to go first as it is his home country. In the end, Boyang said that he will be going to China first along with coach Ghislain while the rest of us head to China 2 days before the opening ceremony of the Olympics.

Currently, it was the day before we all have to leave to go to China and our last day of practice at the TCC while Boyang has already left 2 days ago. We all came in earlier than usual to get a head start and to spend some time with each other a bit more as well as actually finalized every detail of our programs, making sure the music cuts were alright, using our actual costumes for the Olympics to make sure that there was nothing wrong with the costumes and everything. Thankfully, throughout off-ice and on-ice practice, everything went smoothly. Both short and free programs that everyone did were incredible and it seems that everyone is ready for the Olympics. Once our final practice was done, we all came together and basically did like one final group meeting per say, before calling it a day and preparing to go to the Olympics the next day. After training and everything, we all decided to have dinner all together which I thoroughly enjoyed. Though I seemed very calm and happy, deep down, I was still nervous and I was sure that everyone knew; especially Yuzu and Javi. As we were talking about the Olympics and I was sitting right between them, I can feel Javi constantly patting my back while Yuzu's thumb rubbing my hand in circles as both our hands were underneath the table and out of everyone's sight. Not long after, everyone noticed that I was starting to get worried and they all comforted me saying that it'll be alright.

After dinner, we all head back together and before parting ways, the boys said that if I needed anything, I can always call them and they said that we're all in this together. I thanked them and head back with Zhenya. It was around 9 pm when we arrived back and the both of us had one final check on our luggage because we were sure that we won't have that much time to check because we would be in a rush. After some final checks on the stuff that we would bring for the Olympics, it was already 10 pm and we actually just showered. Both of us decided to sleep in the living room because we knew that during the Olympics, there was a high chance that we won't be assigned in the same room. We talked for quite a bit and Zhenya teasing me about Yuzu once again and asks how was that going which I told her that we're on good terms now, started to talk more like we used to but also nothing too extreme. I then also ask Zhenya how does she feel to compete at the Olympics for the second time since I knew that she had quite some rough seasons after her first Olympics which Zhenya said that she feels good and that she's definitely in a better place than she was during the first Olympics.

Zhenya then starts to talk about how back during her first Olympics, she admits that she really wanted to win because she was basically 'undefeated' for 2 years straight and thought that she really had a chance to win the Olympics but she said that when she got 2nd, that was when she realised that there will always someone new and younger that will be better. She then explained how she was not mentally in the right place as she saw that Alina and the 3A were basically dominating the sport but at the same time, she knew that they won't last long as she said she knew how the training was. She did say that out of all of them, Alena was the most likely to stay the longest which was true. She said that after the first horrible season that was just after the Olympics, she knew that she didn't want to be known for only a short amount of time. She said that she wants a long healthy career rather than winning everything and being done with the sport. She said that what helped is Yuzu. She said that Yuzu definitely inspired her to keep going. She even said that she's glad that she sticks with the process instead of giving up midway since she said that she had to re-learn a few things.