For You

Your POV

After Yuzu suddenly slaps me across the face, I was left in shock but probably everyone else in the room were just as shock. Yuzu suddenly broke the silence between everyone by calling out to me gently but I immediately called Boyang to bring me away. Boyang came and I was basically clinging onto him and Javi also told Boyang to take me which Boyang stroke my hair to my back before gently telling me to get up and brought me out of the room along with Jun. Even though both Boyang and Jun didn't ask anything, I know that they were secretly worried as they asked if I needed anything like food, snacks, or anything at all which I game them both a weak smile and told them that we can order in for dinner since the men's short program ended before 6 and we reached back at the hotel at late 7ish, before 8. I told them if it's alright that I shower first which they told me to take my time and asked what I want for dinner which I told them that I'll just have some noodles and dumplings or worst-case scenario, instant noodles but Boyang eyed me which I chuckled and said that I'm gonna take a bath.

I brought my phone to the bathroom as well as a bath bomb that Jason gifted me for Christmas to help relax. I turned on some warm water, dump the bath bomb in and then wait for a bit until the bath bomb fully dissolved then 'jumped' into the bath, took my phone to play Spotify while I scroll through Instagram and replied to some messages from my friends but I slowly became sleepy so I decided to just close my eyes while putting my phone to the side. It was just to help relax a bit but I didn't realise that I actually fell asleep and suddenly, the next thing I knew was that I was on the bed, with a towel and bathrobe on me with a lot of skaters surrounding me besides Boyang and Jun. There was Jason, Madison and Evan, Weijing Sui and Han Cong, as well as Javi. When I woke up, I asked what happened which they all said that I sort of passed out but didn't continue which despite being curious, I didn't want to push them as they were already worried. I told them all that I'm fine which Boyang suddenly changes the mood by saying that all of our food has arrived. I then told them that I'll go change and not sleep which they all giggled.

After coming back, wearing pjs, we all then sat on the floor, ate dinner while talking about the 4CC which I never imagined I'd be doing. If someone were to tell me when I was a kid that I would be sitting in a hotel room with elite skaters from different countries and different disciplines like single to ice dance and ice pair, I would never believe them at all. Yet, here I am sitting down, having a casual conversation with people who I looked up to and never thought that they would actually talk about other things than skating. I was definitely out of zone because when Jason called out to me, I only snapped back and everyone seemed worried which I told them that I'm fine and it's probably because I really want to do my best and want to get the spot at the Olympic even if it means that I wouldn't get on the Olympic podium. To my surprise, all of them gave me advice and supported me. They said that no matter what the result is, I should be proud that I'm able to make it this far already. They also said that it's normally easier to imagine that you're skating with a friend or you're just doing practise which I told them that it's easier said and done to which they said that I should think about what makes me motivated, that normally helps as well. Once we were all done with dinner and played some cards, everyone went back to their rooms and I thank all of them before going back to the bed, laying down and replying to some messages before falling asleep.

The next day, I got up at 7 AM and do some stretches before heading to the bathroom to shower and get ready for the day which was the day of the free skate and the day that will determine whether I get a spot for the Olympics. Once I've finished getting ready and prepared my stuff for practice and competition, I got a message from Javi whether I'm ready or not which I told him that I've already gotten ready and about to head downstairs to have breakfast before we head to the rink for practice before the competition which is what I did. I grabbed all of my things, made sure that I got what I needed and headed downstairs to meet up with Javi, had breakfast together then headed to the rink with the other skaters and coaches.