Preparations

Your POV

After the whole national thing, it was official. I am officially an athlete for my country. I am actually representing my country from this season until I decided to retire. For the past week, right before Javi went back to Spain, he helped me out with practises as well as improving the layout for both of my programs as I have decided to finalised both my short and free program as well as the music cuts and layout. After Javi left for Spain, I spent the last few weeks with my friends and family but also manage to put in some practise every now and then so that I don't forget what I was suppose to practise. I even manage to sneak in some 3A+3T in the practises because no one was able to force me to stop which now thinking about it maybe someone should've stop me.

However, just like uni and actual work holidays, it must come to an end and now I am at the airport to head back to Canada to actually train for the Olympic Season. I thanked my parents as well as said goodbye to them before heading in to check my bags in. Once I had my bags checked in, I decided to get a snack or two before walking towards the gate of the plane. After getting some snacks, I then took my cabin suitcase to head to the immigration and then to the gate. However, at immigration, I was supposed to take my mask off so when I did, the immigration people recognise me and some even tried to take pictures with me which not saying that I don't want to but looking at the time, I was getting worried that I might not make it to the gate in time. Despite already getting out of the immigration, there were still some people asking for a picture or trying to ask me something.

Thankfully, there were some security that helped me get to my gate just in time for the boarding. Also, because it wasn't me that ordered the plane ticket and it was Yuzu, he made sure that I got the best seat of the plane despite telling him many times that I don't need to have the very best seat, certainly not first class (well maybe just a bit) as I don't want to draw any unnecessary attention. Though, that did not stop him from getting me a business class since I did tell him that I want to choose the plane. I should've known better but here I am, boarding the plane, putting my cabin bag in the cabin then sat down, put my backpack below me and took my phone out to let my parents and the TCC gang that I am already on board of the plane which everyone replied with a 'safe flight' even those who replied to my insta story on Instagram. I then turned my phone to airplane mode as we were about to take off.

After a gruesome 22-hour flight, we finally landed in Toronto. Being the dead potato that I am, I tried to stretched out but eventually bumped my head and now being embarrassed. I immediately took my backpack and my cabin suitcase, made sure that I didn't leave anything behind and proceeded to head out once the flight attendants said that we could go out of the plane. Because I still had my Canada sim card, I put it in my phone and proceed to call Yuzu or the other TCC gang to let them know that I have arrived at the airport. Whilst waiting for the immigration, I went on my phone and replied to all the messages that I received and let my parents know that I have finally arrived in Canada and now am passing through the immigration. Once I have passed through the immigration, I went to get my baggage and after that I decided to head out as Jason said that he, Zhenya, Nam and Jun are already at the airport which made me even more excited and proceed to head out as soon as I could and noticed them waving some signs and all.

As I went over to them, they also went towards me and we had a group hug. Both Jason and Nam said that they'll help me with my bags as we headed to the car park. Jun and Zhenya then asked how was the flight to which I told them that it was nice as Yuzu did get me the business class seat and even had some requests which made all of them giggled and I was just confused. I also asked them where is both Yuzu and Boyang as they said that the two of them are at the rink since they came in a bit later than everyone else. Despite feeling that something is off, I just shrugged it off and just followed along as I was already freaking tired with the 22-hour flight despite getting some sleep during those 22 hours. Whilst we were on our way either back to TCC or to Zhenya's apartment since I am staying with her, I decided to just sleep on the way since I was pretty tired.