The Exhibit

"Hey, you alright babe?" Seokjin asks as he takes a short glance at Jisoo at his side before returning his gaze back on the road, his voice coated with worry as he tightly gripped the steering wheel.

"Uhm yeah - just a little nervous that's all." Jisoo responds as she continues to take in deep breaths as she clenches and unclenches her fists.

"Yah! Don't be. There's nothing to be nervous about." Seokjin says as he parks the car. He smiles softly at Jisoo before placing his right hand over hers as he uses his left hand to gently caress Jisoo's right cheek. "You'll be fine. Besides, it's just my brother whom we are meeting anyways."

"That's the point. He's your brother. It's my first time meeting him and I want to make an impression as he is part of your family." Jisoo says as she releases a heavy sigh.

"You worry too much." Seokjin says as he removes his seatbelt and leans forward to land a tender kiss on Jisoo's forehead. "I am pretty sure he'll like you though so don't be nervous. You'll be fine, babe." He continues as he helps Jisoo remove her seatbelt before going out the car and going to her side to open the car door for her to come out. "So get your pretty little ass out of the car and let's go meet my brother."

Jisoo just snorts as she goes out of the car, interlocking her hands with Seokjin as they entered the venue.

They were invited to the exhibit of Seokjin's younger brother - whom according to Jin - was a skilled artist and photographer. Jisoo was fond of art, thanks to her younger sister Rosé who also showed an exquisite talent in painting. So she was looking forward for this night.

"Ah - if it isn't the eldest Kim son." An middle-aged man said who was clad in a white suite. He had a very friendly smile written on his face, making him look a bit younger than he was.

"Mr. Lee, a pleasure to see you." Seokjin says as he bows down to the man. In response to his gesture, the man comes closer and pats him on his shoulder.

"Such a polite young man. I wish I had a son like you." Mr. Lee said as he laughed a bit, Seokjin just smiles at him before rubbing his neck, his face reddening from the compliment he has received. "And who is this fine lady we have over here?" Mr. Lee asks as he smiles at Jisoo who flinched, making Seokjin stiffle a laugh before releasing Jisoo's hand to place his arm around her petite waist securely.

"Well sir, this goddess beside me is my fiancé - Kim Jisoo." Seokjin says as he smiles widely at the man who nods and laughs again. Jisoo just stood there, managing a smile but her face was beet red.

"Oh! You both look good together! I can guarantee that you two will have such beautiful chil -" Mr. Lee says but was soon stopped as he was called over by his wife. "Ah you'll have to excuse me now my dear lovebirds. My wife is in need of me. Seokjin, son, please don't forget to invite me to your wedding!" He says as he walks off.

Jisoo places both of her hands over her face as she tries to calm herself down, Seokjin just laughs at her.

"You've been laughing at me for some quite time now. Care to stop?" Jisoo says as she glares at him.

"But I ain't laughing because you are funny though." Seokjin responds as he locks his hand with Jisoo's as they start walking around the exhibit.

"Then care to explain why you're laughing at me?" Jisoo asks as she looks around the exhibit, bewilderment evident on her face as she watches in awe the different photographs and paintings on display.

"It's because you are so cute!" Seokjin stops for a moment to pinch both of Jisoo's cheeks making her pout. Jisoo removes Seokjin's hands as she rubs her cheeks and continues to walk around, Seokjin following behind her.

They both stop at a picture of a young man smiling. It was a portrait of a teenage boy, clad in a white suite, sitting on top of a table. It seemed as if he was in an office. Although he was smiling - Jisoo noticed that it didn't reached his eyes.

"Hey, you okay?" Seokjin asks as he comes closer to Jisoo.

"The painting -" Jisoo says as she touches it, a frown written on her face.

"What about it?" Seokjin asks he sees nothing wrong with the painting. Or maybe it's because he doesn't understand art as much as she did.

"It's so sad." Jisoo says as she gets her phone out of her purse and takes a picture of it for safekeeping.

"Eh? But isn't the boy smiling? It's a portrait of a young successful man, who is at the peak of his career. Or at least that is what the media said." Seokjin says as he rubs his chin and ponders if the media might have interpreted it wrong. "It's title is 'Perfection'."

"Hmm Perfection? I don't see it that way though - what I see is a young man smiling on the outside but is dying in the inside. His smile doesn't even reach his eyes! Suppose that he is indeed successful with his career at a young age. But then if we look at it closer - he's a bit lonely don't you think? I think the painting should be titled as Isolation rather than Perfection though." Jisoo says as she crosses her arm over her chest, with a stoic expression on her face. Jin just admires how beautiful she looks like when she is serious - well generally speaking she is indeed beautiful no matter what she does in his eyes.

"Finally - someone who understands my art." A deep voice said, making Jin and Jisoo turn their back to face the person speaking. "I was thinking of naming it 'Isolation' actually but then I thought 'Perfection' suited it better. Now I am regretting as to why I had changed my mind." The young man said with a boxy smile.

"Ah if it isn't my little brother - Taehyung!" Seokjin said as the two share a tight hug. "Always full of surprises aye." Seokjin says as he laughs aloud making Taehyung laugh along. "Come, let me introduce to you my fiancé whom you failed to meet the last time since you were abroad." He says as he places his arm over Taehyung's shoulder, dragging him closer to where Jisoo stood.

"Tae. This is Jisoo. Jisoo this is my younger version - Taehyung." Jin said with a wide smile on his face.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you Taehyung." Jisoo nervously smiles as she goes for a handshake, Taehyung notices her gesture and brings forth his hand towards her, grabbing it before landing a soft kiss on the back of her hand.

"The pleasure is all mine, my lady." Taehyung says as he releases her hand with a smirk, making Jisoo confused and tilt her head on the side. But she just shrugs it off as Seokjin returns to her side, placing his arm over waist again.

"Just a little reminder younger brother - remember our golden rule. What's yours is yours. What's mine is mine. No crossing over the line." Seokjin says seriously, his grip tightens but not enough to hurt Jisoo.

"Of course - hyung." Taehyung responds with a smile, but soon his gaze turns to Jisoo, making her shiver from the way he was looking at her but neglects it thinking that she's probably over thinking again.

He looked as if he was a predator observing its prey.

______________________________________

This chapter is dedicated for my sweetest little gummy bear and little sister Taek_my_hands_now

I love you a lot lil bub - you are one of the greatest things that ever had came across my wretched life. I am literally the luckiest person to have met you.

Your unnie,

i_am_invidia