The Realization (I)

The sun was beginning to set and so Jimin had drove faster towards the seashore so he could take Lisa to watch the sunset with him - just like how they promised when they were younger. Lisa just giggled as she watched Jimin, seriously dodging cars and crossing over different intersections, just so they could reach the shoreline in time for the sun to set.

After ten minutes of intense driving towards the nearest seashore, Jimin safely parked the car three meters away from the shoreline. He and Lisa both get out and ran as fast as they could until they both reached the shore despite heavily breathing from all the constant running.

"We made it on time." Lisa said as she panted, her hands on her knees as she tried to even her breathing.

"Barely made it though." Jimin said with his infamous eye smile as he softly giggled at her as both of them watched the sun slowly set.

Both of them soon closed their eyes as they made a wish - before opening them and giving each other a high five.

"Hold on, let me get some blanket we could sit on." Jimin said as he rushed to get the said blanket from the trunk of his car as Lisa patiently waited for him to return. "Okay, here it is. Sorry to keep you waiting." Jimin said as he placed the blanket over the sand. Both of them then sat down as they watched the night sky - observing the little stars as they slowly showed up and the full moon that illuminated the sky with its ethereal glow.

"I can't believe it took us ages to accomplish this promise of ours mochi." Lisa said as she crossed her legs and lied back down on the blanket - Jimin following suite as he crossed his arms behind his head as he glanced at Lisa who was busy counting off the stars. "How was Busan by the way? Did you have a fun childhood and teenage life there?"

"It was better than I expected." Jimin said as he smiled as he looked up at the sky. "But it would have been the best if you were there along with me." He said as he glanced at Lisa who only laughed a bit before rolling her eyes at the young man.

"Real smooth Park Jimin." She said as she closed her eyes for a moment before opening them again and staring back at Jimin. "But seriously though - you didn't have a hard time adjusting right?" She asked subtly as she was concerned whether Jimin's experience during his stay in Busan was painful or not.

"At first I hated being there - because you weren't. I didn't go out much often. I always stayed indoors. I didn't have much friends because I always avoided people. If there were a few who'd befriend me, I would just glare at them or push them away." Jimin said with a bitter smile as he looked at the moon. "But I grew tired being alone. And so I reached out to others instead. Soon enough - I gained a lot of friends. And eventually started thinking - Busan wasn't so bad after all - except the fact I was a hundred miles away from my best friend."

"You know I missed having you around too mochi. It was hard to adjust not having you around to pull on pranks to others and bicker and fight. But I just thought that someday - somehow - we'd eventually meet once more." Lisa replied with a soft smile. "I wondered what would have happened if you stayed in Seoul and never had left to Busan. We would have went to different house parties together and played at the arcades every single night. Or even be the infamous pranksters at our school."

"Or we could have developed as lovers." Jimin softly said, barely audible for Lisa to hear.

"Wait what was that?" Lisa asked him but Jimin just chuckled as he shrugged his shoulders saying it was nothing. "Rosé mentioned you liked me." Lisa utters as she crossed her arms over her chest and stared at Jimin who blushed faintly.