The Mix Up

It was a fun filled and bright Sunday afternoon for everyone - especially for the kids at the orphanage whom were the prime focus of the event hosted by the Kim's and their close associates and family friends.

Huge tents were placed outside the orphanage where the children stayed underneath to avoid the heat of the sun. Chairs were also provided and given for every child and nun so they could comfortably sit and enjoy the program. At the center was a small stage - where performers and the emcees would be at - that was fully decorated with colorful balloons crafted into huge arcs and miniature balloons. The tents had colorful banners as well. On the right side of the stage, the gifts and giveaways were placed, almost towering over the height of the stage. While on the left - a large buffet was prepared for everybody.

The children wore such bright smiles and the nuns at the orphanage had looked so grateful for such generosity showed to them that very day.

As the entertainers and clowns performed on stage - everybody else tried to converse with the kids - discovering their past and talking about their hobbies and dreams in life.

Hyuna was laughing as some children clung onto EDawn making the young man stumble and fall on his butt as the kids swarmed over him - and yet he just laughed it off as he didn't mind.

Dahyun was playing catch with the other kids. While Nayeon was putting on makeup on some of the little girls who approached her and had asked her to make them as pretty as her. Tzuyu was helping Joy with making a few babies stop crying by carrying and lulling them to sleep. Even Mr. Kim was telling some of the teenagers his infamous dad jokes that the children found weird yet funny in some way.

Truly everyone was enjoying the day - except for our protagonists of course.

"Jisoo - would you like some help with that?" Seokjin softly asked as he approached Jisoo cautiously who was picking up two plates filled of food all by herself.

"Nope." Jisoo shortly replied as she made her way towards Taehyung who was talking and laughing with two little kids. As soon as Jisoo approached him, she knelt down and handed one plate to Taehyung as they help feed the two children.

Seokjin just sadly smiled at them as he rubbed his nape, before he felt a single tap on his shoulder - only to see Mr. Kim smiling at him.

"Would you like to help me out young man? I have run out of dad jokes. Perhaps you could tell more to those youngsters I have been conversing with?" Mr. Kim explained, making Seokjin smile as both he and Mr. Kim approached a group of teenagers waiting to hear more dad jokes.

Jisoo hears Seokjin's windshield wipers laugh resonate from where she and Taehyung were at - making her look behind her only to witness Seokjin's reddening face and the teenager's softly chuckling surely not because of his joke but because of his contagious laughter - making her stifle a short laugh before the two of them share a short staring contest that lasted for ten seconds. Jisoo soon glares at Jin, rolling her eyes as she continued feeding the small child smiling cutely at her. Seokjin felt a bit happy as he somehow felt hopeful - that Jisoo was going to give him a chance again, once more.

"You still have feelings for him?" Taehyung asked as he continues to feed the small little boy in front of him, before taking a glance at Jisoo who blushed slightly at his question.

"Shut up." Jisoo replied, as she continues to feed the kid in front of her, patting the kid's head before pinching the child's cheek.

Taehyung looked at her, before sadly smiling. He felt disappointed that Jisoo gave him an unsure answer. It was just a simple yes and no question - and yet Jisoo avoided answering it. 'Don't I stand a chance against hyung?' Taehyung thought to himself as he wiped the sauce from the little boy's chin.