The Jump

"You sure he's there?" Jisoo calmly said as she turned the wheel to her left as she glanced for a second at her phone that was placed near her glove compartment - waiting for Seokjin to respond to her question - before returning her gaze back on the road.

"Yep. My private investigator had said he's been there all this time, hiding from us and isolating himself." Seokjin had replied over the phone. "You sure you can manage on your own?" He continued, his voice coated with worry.

Jisoo just hummed as she replied a simple yes before she bid her goodbyes and had ended the call with her right hand as she kept her left on the wheel.

She heaved a deep sigh as she made her way through the unfamiliar town, cautiously letting her eyes wander from time to time as she looked for signs that would ascertain her that she was on the right track.

"Where the hell are you, Tae." Jisoo said with a sigh as she again turned to her right and sped off towards an intersection where she turned to her left and had continued driving straight ahead until she saw a small hut. "Could this be it?" She uttered to herself as she parked the car in front of the small structure. She hurried out, grabbing her car keys and phone as she shoved them in her small sling bag.

She slowly approached the front porch, nervously knocking on the door thrice as she waited for someone to answer - hoping it would be him who would open the door for her. But three minutes had passed, no one had yet opened the door or had answered her small greetings.

She tapped her foot and bit her lip before she thought of something. She looked left and right, making sure the coast was clear as she kneeled down and checked what was under the doormat.

"Ha! Found it." She said with a triumphant smile as she held in her hand the house key. "Typical Taehyung." She said with a small smirk as she stood up and had slowly opened the door with the key.

When she heard a click, she smiled once more before returning the key back underneath the doormat as she slowly went inside the hut, closing the door shut again.

It was just like Taehyung's hidden art studio, except for the fact that this hut had surprisingly had the usual rooms a normal house would have such.

She called out his name but got no response - finally concluding that he wasn't here or rather wasn't at home.

"He must have gone somewhere." She said as she roamed around the hut, hoping to find clues to where he might have run off to, only to find nothing out of the blue except for a messy bed room filled with worn clothes on the floor and plenty of bottles of beer as well at the foot of the bed.

She inspected the clothes with her eyes, sighing in relief as she hadn't noticed any women's clothes - meaning Taehyung hadn't been playing around with women. Well Jisoo hoped her assumption was right.

She also went inside a small secluded room on the far eastern wing of the hut, which seemed to be Taehyung's smaller version of his art studio.

She looks at the different portraits of the night sky hung on the walls as she neared his table where she found a sketchbook filled entirely of her. Her eyes water as she continued to flip through the pages, seeing it filled with sketches of her laughing, smiling and even sleeping. On the last page looked as if it were her eyes that Taehyung had drew, where he had written 'I will love you even at your worst as you have held me at my weakest' on the bottom portion of the page.

Jisoo sobbed slightly as she dragged her arm over Taehyung's handwriting before she heard the front door open.

She aggressively wiped her tears away as she placed the sketchbook on the table before she ran towards the living room, calling out his name again as she expected it to be him.