The Homecoming

After a quick two - hour drive, the two brunettes finally had reached home. It was already midnight, and yet the house lights were still on - signifying that someone, or even everyone in fact, were still wide awake even at that particular hour.

Lisa motioned Rosé to enter first which the elder reluctantly did. Once she swung the door open, loud cheers of joy were heard - apparently everyone was there, all waiting for her to come home.

As soon as Rosé shyly entered the household, Mr. Kim rushed to engulf his daughter in a warm embrace - tears brimming in his eyes. Jennie and Jisoo followed suite and had also engulfed the younger Kim in an embrace. In the end, Lisa too joined the hug and the five of them all share a tight group hug.

A few moments later, Rosé was soon released from being engulfed in an embrace except her father who still sobbed as he continued to hug her. Her sisters and everyone else in the room cried as they watched them.

"Do you know how worried we all were my dear little angel? I thought I had lost you - I couldn't keep myself calm thinking something bad had happened to you! My dear, dear child - please I beg of you, never repeat this ever again or so help me I will perish from this world!" Mr. Kim said as he held Rosé's cheeks, still sobbing hard as he stared at his daughter.

"I apo-apologize papa. I am - I am so sorry for leaving and running away." Rosé said as she softly whispered back, her voice soft and light as she begun crying again. "I promise - I won't ever do it again."

"Rosé, my dear child, forgive me if I have wronged you as a father - if I have failed -"

"Papa no - you've been nothing but a great and thoughtful dad! I - I couldn't have asked for more."

"Oh our dear little Chaeyoung - our dear little Rosé - my heart broke as I read your little letter. Do you know how disheartened I was while reading it?"

"I - I am sorry papa - I"

"Hush my child. Listen to me, and listen very carefully - my dear you are worthy - you are loved by many - and you are more than enough. I am not sure why you think so lowly of yourself when you are always and will be more than I had hoped for. Rosé, my precious little sweet flower, you don't have to be perfect in anyone's eyes - you don't have to be someone you are not - all you have to do is live happily and be yourself. I love you my dear - we all do." Mr. Kim said as he gestured to the rest who where present. "Please learn to love yourself and see your worth my dear."

Rosé just cried harder as her father rubbed her cheek with his thumb before warmly smiling at her. Soon enough everyone else all huddled up and took turns in hugging her or patting her head - except Jimin who just looked sadly at her before he awkwardly hugged her and shyly landed a kiss on her forehead as he uttered a soft sorry and had moved away farther from her. His gesture made Rosé blush a light pink as they exchanged looks before Mr. Kim announced that they should celebrate by eating as it had been a long and tough day for them all.

-----

Rosé giggled aloud as Jennie and Lisa placed a lot of food on her plate - telling her to eat a lot. Jisoo even had passed her an entire plate of fruits - telling her to not leave a single piece behind.

Rosé smiled as she observed everyone happily interacting and laughing as they took their meals. Well except for Jin and Jisoo - and Jimin. Jisoo had been rolling her eyes at Jin who heaved a heavy sigh as he exchanged small talks with Namjoon. While Jimin just sat there, barely touching anything as he looked anywhere but at Rosé.

"Papa." Rosé called out to their father all of a sudden - making everyone stop whatever they were doing to look and wait for her to continue talking. Lisa already knew what Rosé had to say and so she took a hold of her hand, as she sat on her left, and smiled as she waited for Rosé to continue. "Lisa and I wish to speak with the elders - the ones you signed the contract with.

"May I ask what you wish to discuss with them my dear?" Mr. Kim asked as he dabbed a table napkin on his lips as he watched her daughter in confusion.

"We wanted to ask permission if we could exchange our partners." Lisa nonchalantly replied back as she ate a slice of apple - her reply receiving different reactions from everyone in the room.

Jennie and Jisoo had stared at the both of them with wide eyes. Tzuyu had spilled her drink over her sweatshirt. Nayeon had to blink furiously before releasing an exasperated what. Dahyun had dropped her spoon and fork. Hyuna had dropped her wine glass and had spitted at EDawn who just sat there emotionless. Joy had raised her brow in confusion as she watched Lisa and Rosé nonchalantly finish their meals. And lastly, both Jimin and Jungkook had choked on their food - making the both of them aggressively punch their chests as they tried to calm themselves down before drinking a glass of cold water.

But Mr. Kim just looked at his daughters with knowing smile as he had a feeling something was up with the four youngsters. And so he just motioned his hand for his assistant and gave him an order. "Make a call with the elders. Tell them it is urgent." His assistant then rushes to make the calls as Mr. Kim smiled at his daughters before finishing his meal as if nothing drastic and sudden happened. But deep down inside he felt excited to know how things would end up in the future - as he did know a few things such as Jin and Jisoo's predicament, Taehyung's advances to his eldest, Jennie's small crush on a man he has yet to know, Jungkook's crush on Rosé, Jimin's crush on Lisa, Rosé's crush on Jimin, and Lisa's crush on Jungkook - basically he knew just about everything.

He was their father after all.