The Unexpected

On the afternoon the very day Jimin had asked Rosé to be his official girlfriend, Jennie had packed her luggage as she had to fly to London for a competition she had to judge in. It was a smooth and quick flight as Jennie took a private plane there.

The event she was invited in was hosted by a very dear friend of hers who had personally asked her to come and be a part of the judging committee with her expertise and inclination towards music - so she could not say no.

As soon as the plane had landed safely at the airport, Jennie was fetched by her friend's chauffeur who had drove her safely to the hotel she was going to stay in during her entire stay.

When they arrived at the hotel, the staff had greeted her warmly and formally as she was assisted towards her room where she soon had been helped out with her makeup and hair. After an hour of styling and dressing up with the help of the professional stylists her friend had sent her - Jennie was all good to go.

She had worn a black ruffled dressed that looked classically good on her and got her jet black hair straightened although the stylist had given her hair some texture and highlights, making it look more stunning.

It was a twenty minute drive towards the venue since there wasn't much of a traffic around the area so Jennie was able to make it right on time before the event had officially started.

____________

Jennie was assisted by one of the event organizers towards the judge's table throughout the sea of people who wore very elegant and classic gowns and suits - apparently this was a huge competition as the venue was jam packed with guests and contestants.

"Jennie!" Someone exclaimed out loud, making Jennie turn her head to where the voice seemed to have come from. "Over here silly!" The voice continued to call her. Jennie looks around and took notice of her close friend from afar, wearing a maroon dress that hugged her curves perfectly.

"Areum!" Jennie called out to her friend as they met up halfway and shared a tight embrace.

"Thank you for your hard work, I can take it from here - thank you very much." Areum said with a soft smile towards the event organizer who had accompanied Jennie on her way. As soon as the organizer had left, Areum faced Jennie and both of them squealed softly in order to avoid making a scene. "I am so glad you could make it here! Do you know how happy I am now that you're here????" She continued as she pinched both of Jennie's cheeks before letting go and had started dragging her away towards the judge's table.

"I'm glad I wasn't late or anything. I know how much you value punctuality." Jennie replied as she kept up with Areum's pace who only giggled at her as a reply.

"You know you're always an exception Nienie! Anyways, the competition is about to start - you should get to your seat. I got you to sit beside another Korean musician I am friends with along with the other international judges I invited." Areum said as she clung onto Jennie tightly, patting her shoulder as she pointed the table where the other judges were already at.

"Korean? -" Jennie had asked as her eyes skimmed over the long table where the other judges were at. At the near end of the table sat a familiar face that Jennie had grown accustomed to after meeting a few times already. "Yoongi?" She said in a soft whisper which Areum had heard quite loud and clear.

"You and Min Yoongi know each other?" Areum had asked her with confused yet taunting eyes.

"Uh - no. Uhm we're not established as friends yet." Jennie stuttered as Areum dragged her towards Yoongi.