Part 1.1~Lucifer

Unedited!!

~

Years passed, and before I knew it, I was eighteen. Still alone. The bullying had stopped, but I was still avoided as if I had the black plaque. No one spoke to me, or looked at me, unless it was to gossip about me. And my moving family hadn't contacted me once. It's not like I wanted them to, but jeez.

Besides loneliness, there were other things happening to me. The tattoo on my shoulder said June 6th, but it was June 7th and I was still in the mortal world. No Satan, no voodoo magic, nothing. It kind of irked me. I had gone through all that suffering, and if it turned out to be for nothing, I'd throw a hissy fit. 

I was walking down the road to school, wearing my usual outfit. All dark colors. Dark blue skinny jeans, oversized black sweatshirt, with a pair of black and white converse. I had my ears pierced a long time ago, and put black studs in them. But it wasn't like anyone was going to see them, because I had always put my hood up, to cover my eyes. The teachers never stopped me, and no kids ever paid enough attention to care.

Everything was normal. I had arrived at school, I went straight to class. There was no point in stopping at my locker. No friends, no extra things to put away, no reason to stop by my locker. I didn't even know the combination. 

I was sitting in my usual seat in the back of the class, waiting for the lecture to start. It was incredibly boring to just sit there with no one to talk to, but I had gotten used to it. 

The lecture began, and I turned my head to stare out the window. There was something out there, and as I felt it's presence get stronger, I felt my shoulder getting hotter. Soon enough, I saw a black dot in the sky. It was getting closer, at the same time getting bigger and bigger. I squinted, and realized a moment too late that it wasn't a dot, but a person with wings.

The glass to the windows shattered, causing the students to scream and duck down. Even the teacher ran out of the classroom screaming. I felt myself being pulled out of the window by my hood, but I wasn't panicking. Not how I thought it would happen, but whatever. I didn't struggle as I was being carried away from that stinking school.

"You're probably the quietest Fallen Angel ever," came a deep, smooth voice that might've sent shivers down my back had I cared. 

Was he speaking to me? "Is there a problem with that?" I retorted. Who was this person?

"Is that any way to express your gratitude to me? I am a very high ranking demon for your information. The highest, to be specific," the guy carrying me said.

I thought about it. The highest... "Satan?"

"Correct. Now, don't you think that you should apologize for your rudeness?" Satan's tone already made me hate him more than I did before. 

"No, I don't. Why should I? My life's kinda sucked because of this stupid mark," I huffed.

Satan chuckled. "I am? But I even gave you some extra time to say goodbye to your loved ones. A whole day, actually. That is better than any of your predecessors got. So, you should be thanking me."

I snorted. "Well, there was no one to say goodbye to. So, really, you were drawing it out for yourself. Where are you taking me anyway?"

"It'll be a day or so before we get there, but we're on our way to Hell," Satan said like it was no big deal. But, it really wasn't, was it? It was my life's purpose. The point to all that suffering. Right. Not a big deal at all. 

I was wondering how we were going to get there when I felt the grip on my sweatshirt loosen. I was falling all of a sudden, so there was no room for any shock. I plummeted to the ground silently. The wind whipped at my face, cold and fierce. But at the bottom, there was an enormous snowdrift, which I landed in. I sunk straight to the bottom. It was ice cold, and I got up as fast as possible. This was great. Completely covered in snow, in the Arctic, and it was starting to snow. I struggled from the drift, eventually flopping onto somewhat even ground. 

Satan landed next to me, shaking the snow from his wings. "Alright, let's start walking."

I wiped the snow from my eyes. "To where?"

"You ask too many questions." He was already starting to walk away, so I had no choice but to grudgingly follow him.

From behind him, I got a view of what he was wearing. He had on a leather jacket, and I'm pretty I saw a black button-up. His black skinny jeans had silver chains on them. I couldn't see his shoes cause of the snow, but I'm pretty sure they black. 

I shivered, freezing cold. The snow was starting to come down hard, so I put my arms inside my sweatshirt, rubbing them up and down. Friction was bound to help. They were slightly warmer, but I still shivered. Satan looked back at me, smirking. I finally saw his face. Black hair, gelled into a quiff. Golden eyes. All stupid many features there. Nothing I could make fun of him for. His smirk showed off one of his sharp fangs. 

"Cold enough?"

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Nope. I'm so warm it's annoying." 

"Really? Most Fallen Angels I've escorted have either complained or suffered silently. Why are you so different?" He asked.

I shrugged. "Seems like there were two different types of Fallen Angels: scared or spoiled. When was the last Fallen Angel retrieved?"

Satan hesitated, then said, "1406."

"There's your problem. People no longer worship all sacred beings. Now, people are terrified at the thought of anything demonic," I grumbled. 

He turned and kept walking. "I know. That's why I expected you to be one of those two types. Usually, fear makes humans try to kiss up to me. Guess it backfired. You have a lot to work to do. I've been without an Angel for 16 years." 

I kept following, gripping my hands, desperately trying to keep my hands warm. Gosh, it sucked. I loved being cold, but not that cold. It was like he was deliberately trying to torture me. Well, he was the Devil. I wouldn't put it past him to do something this horrid. He seemed unbothered by the biting wind and freezing snow. As for me? I couldn't feel my feet, and my fingers were almost completely numb. Every step made my legs ache. I was colder than I have ever been in my entire life. But on the bright side, I might be able to freeze to death. Then I could start all over, from the beginning. 

We seemed to have walked miles, and I was getting slower with each step. Whenever I felt myself lagging, I just pushed myself to go faster. Satan didn't seem bothered at all. He just kept walking, and it was getting on my nerves how inconsiderate he was being. Like, hello?!?! I exist over here, and I'm dying. For a minute I wished I was a previous Fallen Angel. Prideless enough to plead for help or complain until they got it. Where was their dignity at? I wouldn't be like them. I wouldn't ask for his help no matter what. He was an annoying, smug, and just downright mean guy. It would've only boosted his ego if I had asked for his assistance. There was no way I would ever do that. No in a million years.

I am so proud. 1400 words. JK. That's laughable. I'm kinda mad that this chapter is so short, but, you know, something fun planned for the next chapter made me want to rush it. A bit of info, the pic next to the vid is Lucifer. Idk if I can find a pic that looks like him, and I sure as heck can't. But I'll try for the next part. Hope you liked bye! (PS. Expect either an A/N at the top or not one at all, k?)