Part 3.5~ Lucifer

Sorry it took so long, but here it is! I also wept this on my phone so forgive any typos...

~

Air rushed around me as I fell, and I fought the urge to scream as the ground rushed at me. I saw the jagged rocks getting closer and closer and the wind whipped at my face, a faint feeling of nostalgia hitting me. Except there was no snow this time.

I had to squint to keep my eyes open, but wished they would shut as the ground came closee and closer...

I came to a sudden halt as air caught underneath me like a parachute had been suddenly opened. Sure enough, my wings had reflexively opened and were now allowing me to drift in the air.

Experimenting a bit, I have a small flap, grinning widely as I went the smallest bit up. I tilted my body forward and flapped, holding in my laughter as I flew forward. I gave a small victorious spin as I flew, enjoying the feeling of wind sifting through my feathers.

I caught sight of the army marching toward the castle and was reminded what I was supposed to do.

With vigor, I gave a few powerful stroke of my wings, and I was already shooting toward the army. I passed Isaiah's soldiers, flying right over their heads without them noticing.

It was a bit funny. Then I grew serious as I neared the enemies. I did I quick estimate, and counted over 20,000 humans. Yuck. A few of them noticed me, and I grew nervous as they cocked their bows and loaded arrows.

They didn't hesitate to try and shoot me down. I avoided their arrows, focusing on letting my wings guide me through the air. I could tell that the humans were beginning to get angry and frustrated. It was honestly too easy to ruffle their feathers. Pun intended.

My diversion served its purpose as Isaiah's forces managed to reach the Rebellion faster and take them off guard. I watched in awe as I got a birds eye view of what it looked like when two side of a war collided. It was pretty bloody, swords slicing through body parts like butter. I was so entranced that I almost got pierced by an arrow. Almost. I dodged it, then looked down at the one who had shot it.

It was some fat old guy, sitting on a horse that looked about ready to give out. The man's face was red as he tried to load another bow. But a rather furious Kerberos rammed into the man. The man flew off the horse, which gladly galloped away. Kerberos looked up at me and yipped happily before bounding off.

It was almost comical. But I quickly realized that I wasn't safe. The sounds of swords clanging together was almost deafening. I was so focused on what was happening below that I missed the other humans rearing flame arrows up at my. Those were a lot harder to move around, and one caught my left wing. I panicked, flapping furiously as I tried to put it out. The heat was quickly spreading through the entire edge of my wing. I was so panicked I unknowingly got closer and closer to the ground.

As soon as I was close enough, some soldier for the enemy's side leapt up and pulled my the rest of the way to the ground. I was instantly surrounded, but didn't notice as I tried to put out the fire on my wing. Soldiers from our side quickly leapt into action, a water user dousing the flames out, a healer fixing the burt feathers, and other attackers taking out the enemies.

I sighed in relief as the flame was put out, then glared at one of the archers who had shot me with the arrow. He was quickly trying fo load another one, but I launched myself at him and tackled him onto the ground.

A fist connected with my arm. but I had gotten so used getting hit that I barely felt the blow. Instead, I kneed the guy in the jewels before punching hin straight across the face, knocking him out cold. I took the bow from him, and the unlit arrows.

With a few flaps, I was up in the air again, looking around for target practice. I saw a group of our soldiers surrounded, and took aim. The first one missed, whizzing past some guys ear. I tsked before loading anothe rone and trying again. This time, it hit a hand, effectively knocking a sword to the ground.

I noticed that no one was being killed. Which made sense, since this was already Hell. The ones who were stabbed or mortally injured just disappeared in a cloud of smoke. I assumed they were being locked up. And I also assumed it was okay to make fatal blows.

A couple of my arrows struck arms and even a neck, before I ran out. I dropped the bow and the arrow pouch, deciding to just observe for a while so Isaiah didn't get upset.

I saks.w that our side was easily winning. The Rebels looked uneasy as they continued fighting, which I found wildly amusing. The leaders looked strong on their own, but compared to the commanders from Isaiah's army, they were twigs.

But they weren't commanders for nothing. They easily defended against our soldiers, and were the main fighting force against our army.

Just as I was about to try to help out again, a crushing force made me plummet to the ground. I was moving too fast to stop, and I collided with the ground like a meteor, leaving a similar pit in the ground. I groaned as I sat up, my back clicking painfully as I stood.

Before I had the chance to get up and defend myself, a large arm wrapped itself around my throat, and began squeezing. I struggled to get out of their grip, but from what I could tell, they were a lot larger, and stronger than me.

As the world began turning dark, I felt a heavy, dark aura begin to weigh the air. The arm around my neck began quivering, before letting go and shoving me away.

I stumbled, but landed in familiar waiting arms. As I gasped for air, I looked up into Isaiah's concerned gaze. Then his eyes hardened, turning icy as he looked at my attacker.

I had never seen him angry... and I never wanted to again.

~