Part 2.5~ Xavier

Yep, another chapter with my sweet child. And if you're wondering why Xavier's not hurt by Dantalion's powers, it's because they don't affect his mate. 

~

I whined as I rolled to my other side, the emptiness in my arms bothering me. I opened my eyes, unsettled by the darkness that surrounded me. I see I was still in the room, but it was dark, and Dantalion wasn't with me this time. But I didn't want to bother him if he was busy, so I didn't.

Sitting up, I leaned forward, only to bang my head on the wooden bars of the crib. Frowning, rubbed my forehead. It hurt, but not enough to make me cry. I stood up, disappointed when I found that the bars were too tall to climb. And the mattress was too soft; I kept wobbling as if I was going to fall. I grabbed onto the top railing to keep my balance.

Even with the support, it was no use. I couldn't stay up. I fell back, onto my bum. Frustrated, I crawled around the crib, searching for the soft thing. It had to have been discarded while I slept. Sure enough, I found it. It was too dark to see what it was, but it was just as soft as I remembered.

I hugged it to my chest and as I sat in the corner of the crib. I was bored, and just a little bit scared.

The lamp next to the crib turned on, emitting an orange glow above me. I stared up at it with awe. Being distracted by the light, I didn't notice the hands coming down to me. So I gasped when someone lifted me from my spot in the crib.

"Why're you up baby?" Dantalion's voice asked. But it was filled with less energy and huskier than it had been before. He must've been asleep before I woke him up. I clutched the soft thing closer to my chest. He shifted me around so I was being held to his hip with one arm.

With a sigh, Dantalion carried me from the room.

"S-sorry... for waking y-you up," I murmured as I rested my head on his shoulder. He was quite warm, and I was still in nothing but a diaper. It was then I realized he was shirtless.

Dantalion stroked the back of my head soothingly. "Don't worry about it."

We arrived back in his room. He laid on his bed, me being on top of his. He moved me so my head was over his heart. It was faint, but I could hear his heartbeat. I liked that it wasn't loud, and was like white noise for me to fall asleep to.

I felt my tail wagging lazily as he ran his hand through my hair. The repetitive actions lulled me back to sleep.

~

I was woken up by light hitting my face. It got annoying, so I opened my eyes.

There was a crack in the curtains, allowing morning light to seep in. Dantalion was still sleeping peacefully, his arms wrapped around me. I looked up to his face, taking in his features. His face didn't have a trace of softness. His eyebrows were sharp and neatly place on his face, above his closed eyes. His nose was straight, and he had downward-turned lips, giving him a naturally harsh look. 

In comparison, I didn't feel manly at all. My eyes were too big, my face was too round, my cheeks never lost their blush, and my hair was too wavy. I still had all of my childish features despite being 17. 

I lost track of how long I stared at his face, but I felt my heartrate pick-up when his eyebrows twitched. I hid my face in his chest, scared he would get angry at me for waking up before him. I flinched when I felt a hand on my back. The last time I had woken up before I was supposed to, I got a harsh slap to the face. 

"Morning baby. Seems your an early riser," Dantalion chuckled as he sat up, bracing me against him as he did so I didn't fall. I peeked up from my hiding spot in his chest, and saw him grinning down at me. My cheeks involuntarily heated up as he scratched behind my left ear. My tail beat against the bed rapidly in delight, and I leaned further into his touch. It's hard to describe how it felt... it was like when you finally scratch an itch that you could never get rid of.