Part 1.4~ Satan

After we left the cave, I carried him the rest of the way to the breach. I liked the breach because it was disguised as a waterfall. I loved that it was like a portal. You passed through the waterfall, and on the other side, there was Hell. My kingdom.

I felt Lucifer wake up, but he didn't move at all. He just laid there obediently. And I could tell why. Although it was slightly warmer outside, to humans it was still considered freezing. So I decided it was okay to carry him until we got to the breach.

We got closer and closer to the breach, and the sound of running water got stronger. I walked to the edge of the cliff. I looked over, reveling at the familiar drop. The pool wasn't that far down. I didn't feel like carrying him down there, so I moved closer to the edge, and threw him over.

Maybe not the smartest move, because when our eyes met, his held deep outrage and hatred. But behind that, there was the slightest hint of panic. His body hit the water with a splash. And then there was nothing but bubbles.

I didn't think he couldn't swim. What 16-year-old mortal couldn't swim?! My question was answered when he didn't come back up for air. Even the bubbles soon slowed to a stop. I sighed heavily, then flew down into the lake's surface. I switched from my normal eyes to the enhanced demon eyes I used to see in Hell. I looked into the water and caught sight of Lucifer's eyes. They were a mix of hysteria and annoyance. Then it faded to panic and fear. His eyes started drooping shut as he let out a breath. Most likely what was left in his lungs.

I let out a huff of annoyance before diving into the water. I grasped his hand before pulling him up to my body. Even in the water, his body radiated a warmth. I wanted to be closer...

Shaking my head, I quickly snapped myself out of it. I pulled Lucifer up to the surface and dragged him to the waterfall. I laid him on the ground of the cave, debating in my mind. I couldn't decide what to do. Leave him be, or try to get the water out of his system. I was really leaning towards leaving him to heal on his own, but the bond that was already form stopped me from doing so. So I hovered my hand over his lower abdomen. Then I swiftly swiped my hand through the air, in the direction of his head. Not ever two seconds later, he was coughing up water. I rolled my eyes. What lame mortal who is past "puberty" couldn't swim? That was just stupid.

Once I was sure he wasn't going to die on me, I pushed his through the breach. He went through and I quickly followed. He landed in the shallow waters that were below the breach. The moment I crossed over, I inhaled and exhaled a huge breath. It felt great to be back home. Of course, Hell wasn't that different from the mortal realm. We had cities, oceans, animals, towns, races, continents, etc. The only major difference was the colors. Our sky wasn't blue with white clouds. It was red. Different shades depending on the time of day. Scarlet at dusk and dawn, crimson or maroon in the evening and midnight. The clouds where always gray or black, whether it was going to rain or not. The sky was red, hence the red oceans. (A/N: If you don't know what I mean, no offense, but open a book. Or search up why water is blue.)

Of course, there were also other differences. For instance, you wouldn't see a pride of dragons flying overhead in the mortal realm. Or people on the streets with horns and tails. Lots of mythical creatures were down in Hell. Basically any you could think of. Dragons, unicorns, elves, nymphs, dwarfs, shifters, mages, witches, ogres, giants, phoenixes, zombies, vampires, mers, sirens, and obviously demons. They all belonged to their own continents, but there were a few continents and many countries where they mixed. In Hell, there was no discrimination. Sexuality, race, species, etc. None of those mattered. My brother "God", or as I like to call him, Jehovah, thought it did matter. So he sent those people down here. It made me mad, but hey, since when did my opinion matter to the big guy?

To clear some things up, let me explain. Most mortals think that if you get sent down to Hell, you are eternally tortured. That was huge lie. No one down in Hell remembered their past mortal life. Their souls were put into the babies that we produced down here. Although we didn't really care about gender, not any gender can give birth. Just the females. So the soul of the mortal who "sinned" would be put into the fetus and start over. When they died in Hell, Jehovah put them on the reincarnation list, where they got put back into the mortal realm. Sounds complicated, but it's simple. Plus, time down here is very different. 100 years down here was like 25 years in the mortal realm. So everyone had a super long lifeline down here.

I heard a low groan, meaning that Lucifer had woken up. "Wha...?" I turned to look down at him. He was staring at the town before us in shock. The breach was in a country that was mid-evil time-based. Horse-drawn carriages, cobblestone streets, old fashioned homes that lined every road, and lamps that were either oil-based or candles. And of course, the ginormous castle that was bigger than the entire town.

"Come on, we need to get moving if we're going to make it back before nightfall," I state. I start walking towards the castle. I hear him scrambling in the shallow water. Soon enough, he was walking right behind me. As we walked through the streets in the town, I could feel stares. Some were on me, but I could tell that most were on Lucifer. But really, I didn't know what the townspeople were gawking at. Lucifer looked more normal than any of them. Actually, they would look completely normal if not for the devil horns that came from their heads.

"Where are we?" Lucifer asked.

"The town of Onryx, in the country of Ecrin, the continent of Trudith," I answered.

"Continent? Aren't there only seven? I've never heard of this eighth one."

I huffed. "I would say yes if we were in the mortal realm. But we're not, so no. Down here, there are only four. Trudith, Semoris, Vladix, and Mesdalt. Plus the two oceans, Cecia and Isin. Now you have the entire map. Now, be quiet until we get to the castle." Lucifer let out a snarky remark under his breath about me being rude, then shut up. It took us around an hour to get through the town, and another to work our way up the road. I was a little bothered that he didn't try to say something sarcastic the whole way, but shook it off. He just trudged behind me the whole way to my castle.

When we got to the front gate, the two guards placed there greeted me.

"Your Majesty," they both said in unison.

I just waved them off. They opened the huge gates. I walked past them, with Lucifer following. He was walking so close behind me he was almost on my heels. I just took it as him being scared, or nervous, or something like that because I could feel the uncomfortableness coming off him in waves.

The maids were lined up on both sides of the entrance to my castle. Inside and out. They bowed as I passed. I ignored them completely. Lucifer's steps faltered, but he seemed to quickly regain his seemingly endless pride.

I finally made it to my quarters without incident. The entire way, Lucifer was staring at everything. It was as if he'd never been in a castle before. None of my previous Angel's did that. I threw open the doors and walked in. Lucifer followed, still being strangely quiet.

"Alright, Lucifer. Your room is right through the bathroom. The bathroom is that door there," I pointed to the door. He hesitated, then slowly walked over to the door that I pointed to. I watched him walk through the doors before moving to my desk.

Soon enough, it was going to be time for the test.

Sorry I disappeared. I actually started school in September, and I wanted to get my grades to an ok level. plus, I've been working on, like 3 short stories. So if you want me to post them, Let me know!

One is called How I Met Your Father, another one is The Merman's Child, and the last one is Dragon in a Dungeon. Take your pick!