Part 1.6~ Lucifer

Comments??

(yes, I edited their eyes)

11/27/19

***

I could feel myself trembling in my shoes, scared out of my mind. There were three huge black dogs coming right at me. They were at least seven feet tall. Their eyes were really dark red, almost brown but not quite. Crimson but darker. Coming out of their huge black paws were gleaming white claws, about the size of knives. They were all black, and yet all looked like different breeds. The one on the farthest right of me was a ginormous version of a pitch-black pitbull.  The one on the farthest left was a jet black rottweiler. And the one in the center was the black Doberman. They all had their tail fully grown, not cut off like most of their breed had. Their black fur was gleaming as if they were well fed and cared for. 

But they didn't look tame at all to me. They looked vicious and feral with their dagger-sharp bared. They weren't running at me, but that only made my heart thump even harder with anticipation. 

Don't get me wrong. I loved dogs. Like, loved them. I would always be envious of people who were walking their dogs like it was nothing. 

But I could never get one because I was barely providing enough food for myself. 

The pitbull started growling at me, muzzling wrinkling as he bared his teeth even more. It charged at me, but I twisted my body so it zipped past me. My heart thudded in my ears and I started gasping for air. The rottweiler took its chances and pounced. This time, my reaction was too slow to dodge. Its front paws pushed my shoulders, shoving me to the ground. It stood over me, snarling like crazy. It began to lower its huge head, and I closed my eyes. 

I was done for.

But nothing happened. I could only feel the warm breath of the dog hovering above me. I peeked through my eyelashes to see what was going on. The rottweiler was sniffing my thoroughly. From head to toe.

I shifted on the ground uncomfortably. The giant dog was making my nerves go haywire.

There were no words to describe the shock I felt when a large, warm, wet tongue ran across my face. My whole body froze, and my breathing picked up a bit.

Was it tasting me before it ate me? I couldn't tell. But I did know that it wasn't attacking. I cautiously pushed myself onto my elbows, my body almost collapsing with relief as the dog moved back with my movement. The pitbull came up behind me and pushed me to my feet using its nose. I guessed that they were all male because I could clearly see their... parts.

Both the pitbull and the rottweiler backed up when the Doberman started forward. It was growling quietly, making me think that it was the one to actually to finish me off. But once again, the dog stopped right in front of me. Not even trying to take a chunk out of me. He sat, and lowered his head down to my level. With shaky hands, I reached out and let my fingertips graze the dog's muzzle.

The dog thrust his large head into my touch, making me jolt back for a second. Then I reached forward again. I stroked it with my full hand, relishing the softness of the dog's fur. Soon enough, the other two were shoving a pushing each other for my attention, making a smile begin to twitch its way onto my face.

That smile quickly disappeared when I caught sight of Satan walking towards him. I frown at him.

"What's the big idea? Leaving me down here with these killing machines! What if I died?" I ranted.

Satan shrugged. "I would have to wait another 16 years for my next angel. So do me a favor and don't die."

I just shrugged. There was no way I would die anytime soon. I'd make sure that never happened. Because all the suffering I'd endured would've been for nothing.

I turned my attention back to the dogs. "What're their names?"

Satan shrugged. "The pitbull is Sarvara, the rottweiler is Melanos, and the Doberman is Kerberos. Why? Do you like them?"

I shrugged. "I love dogs. But I could never have one. Are they always this kind to strangers? They don't seem the type to like anybody."

"Actually, this is really unusual behavior for them. They should have usually mauled you by now. I guess they have just taken a liking to you," was the reply Satan gave me.

Satan turned and started walking away. The dogs followed him, shrinking as they went. By the time they were next to him, they had shrunk down to the same height as a tiger.

I hurried to catch up and walked right behind Satan. "What're we doing to do now?"

"Now? Well, you can go to bed. I'll send someone to wake you up in the morning," Satan responded.

"But I don't know the way back," I protested.

Satan sighed. "I'll give you the dogs. They can scent their way back."

The dogs stepped toward me eagerly. I let out a small laugh and followed them when they started moving.

When we finally made it back to my room, I flopped onto the bed. I gathered what little energy I had left to crawl to at least the center of the huge bed. As soon as I made it, I let my bones become jello. I collapsed onto my side, and the dogs climbed up next to me. More like on me. Sarvara laid his head on my chest, making me assume he was listening to my heartbeat.

Kerberos was curled up at my feet, eyes closed but still away. I chuckled when I felt Melanos nuzzle my back. I had no idea why he did that, but that made me want to go to sleep even more. I closed my eyes and focused on my breathing getting deeper.

The dogs snuggled closer, and I enjoyed their warmth. They were like large space heaters. And the softest pillows ever. That only made them cuter in my eyes. Now that they weren't growling at me, they were quite nice little things. Well, they weren't little, but just a lot tamer. I turned onto my side, snuggling into the dogs' fur.

As I drifted off, I wondered to myself what Satan had planned for the next day. And hoped that it wouldn't be as terrifying as the dogs were. 

Sorry it's everywhere. I'm literally half-sleep at 10:10. Thx for reading, comment, blah blah. I'll edit when I'm awake and not half-sleep. 

~

Ok, edited. I decided that I kind of like this filler, so I'll keep it how it is. The next chapter will be published next week because today I'm publishing a special chapter.