Part 1.7~Satan

Oof, it's been a while. Hope you like!

Done 12/16/19

***

I made sure that Lucifer was completely asleep before I walked into the room. The dogs were surrounding him, following my orders. 

I had ordered them to keep watch over Lucifer. The dogs had never reacted to a stranger like that before. All the previous Angels had screamed in fear, or just passed out. The dogs took so well to Lucifer. He was different. And I liked it. 

Kerberos especially had taken a shine to Lucifer. He was being so overprotective, even if he seemed indifferent. I would make sure to give him a few extra treats later on. 

Approaching the bed, the dogs moved out of my way so that I could reach Lucifer. He looked so peaceful while he was sleeping. But it wasn't very peaceful for long. Lucifer's expression morphed into one of despair. Tears began to leak from his closed eyes. I couldn't understand why. And I highly doubted that he would tell me. 

I reached my hand forward and pressed it to his forehead. Instantly, I was taken into his dreams.

*Flashback*

Ominous figures loomed over me. 

"Look at him shake! He looks so scared!" An oily, annoying voice said.

Another voice chimed in, "Yeah, look at the way he looks so confused. Trying to play it innocent!"

A loud smack resonated through the dark space. Pain spread across my face. It hurt so bad. But I couldn't cry. Or else they would know how much it hurt. 

"Come on, you know that you want to cry. Just do it. Satan loves tears."

"Hurry and get the blade. The sooner he dies, the sooner we can get rid of the curse of Satan."

The gleam of metal flashed in the darkness. 

"Alright alright, hold your horses. Wouldn't you like to play with him first?" A disgustingly smooth voice said. Hands slid down my bare chest. I shivered, fighting back the urge to vomit. 

"You're right... feel how smooth his skin is..."

More hands started to touch my body, each pair making me more disgusted with myself. I pulled against the restraints that kept my ties down onto the cold stone. My screams were muffled by the gag that was tied around my head. 

 "There's no point struggling, you little demon. You already know what's going to happen to you."

Cold metal was pressed against my flesh, making me flinch. Pain started tearing at my arms and legs as multiple blades created cuts and slices. The only warmth I got was from the blood that seeped out of my body.

*Flashback end*

I pulled my hand away from Lucifer's head with a gasp. That was not a normal nightmare. It was too vivid. As if he was reliving it. As if it was a memory. But that would mean...

Slowly, I grabbed Lucifer's arm. His sweatshirt sleeve was the only thing that was keeping me from seeing the truth. Carefully, I pushed his sleeve up his arm. Sure enough, there were many scars along his wrists, and they created a path up his arm. I studied the cuts closely. They weren't very long, but there were a bunch of them. It was almost as if they were slowly pressing the blades against his skin, waited for him to bleed, then pulled away and repeated the whole process. 

That would've been extremely painful to endure. When Lucifer had said he suffered because of me, I thought he meant a little bullying, maybe even abuse. But what he suffered through was much worse than I could have ever imagined. 

My inner demon was starting to get very pissed. Lucifer was still my mate, even if I didn't want to accept him. If I didn't protect and avenge him, then who would?

I straightened up from my position over Lucifer. I inclined my head toward him, and the dogs responded instantly. They resumed their positions around Lucifer, nuzzling and pressing up against him.

Taking one last glance and the sleeping Angel, I left the room. My fury was rising. I needed to find the ones who were responsible, and make them pay. Mortals thought it was fun to mess with what was mine. So they would enjoy the royal treatment from me. 

Snapping my fingers, I summoned the tracking hounds. They were basically regular hound dogs, except with red eyes. They could travel freely between both realms, with my permission of course. They had the ability to track by scent. The scent could be physical or in a memory. I quickly gave them the memory of Lucifer's "sacrifice".

"Go and track down these humans. Bring them back to me, alive. Not uninjured. Just alive," I ordered. The hounds took off, soon disappearing in clouds of black smoke. A smirk worked it's way onto my face as I made my way to my office. I had to get through a lot of paperwork if I was going to get those boys down here. 

That was just assuming they were boys. There could've been girls there. I wasn't trying to be sexist or anything.

I reached my office and sat down in my chair. It was so comfortable I let out a sigh of relief. The last time I had relaxed was when I had my previous Fallen Angel. They literally did everything for me. It was so much easier then. 

I closed my eyes, deciding to take the opportunity of rest. It felt really good to just relax for a while. My thoughts began to drift off to other places. Like what it would be like if I told Lucifer he was mate. 

He would most likely reject me. I had put him through so much. I had forgotten how judgemental humans were, and how they acted when they were afraid. It was terrible. And  Lucifer was so cute...

With his beautiful blood-red eyes, silky smooth skin, and fiery personality. He was just like a cute little kitten. My kitten. No one else's. I knew that if anyone else ever touched my Kitten, I would rip their heads off then and there. 

With that thought to comfort me, I fell asleep, completely forgetting to leave instructions for the dogs and what to do with Lucifer.

I know I said next week a couple weeks ago, but the truth is... I'VE BEEN WORKING ON A NEW STORY. And I really like it. It's so much fun to write. And in my opinion, a lot more organized than this one. Anyways, I'll edit this later, when I'm not in a rush. Thanks for reading! 

If you want, feel free to leave questions, and I'll do a Q&A chapter. Or just tell me how you're liking the story so far. BYE!!!