Special: Christmas

Sorry, it's late, I was busy yesterday.

"Satan" P.O.V

I woke up to a heavy weight on my chest. I groaned before opening my eyes. Blood red orbs stared right back at me, dancing with excitement. 

"Guess what day it is! Guess, guess!" Lucifer exclaimed as soon as he saw my eyes were open. 

I sighed. "What day is it, Luci?" 

Lucifer grinned. "It's Christmas! I never got to celebrate because I never had anybody to celebrate with. But now I do! Come on, you have to get up. If I did my research right, a nice man named "Santa Claus" delivered presents because I was a good boy!"

 My brain buffered for a moment, processing his words. Then I hit me. He still believed in Santa. And expected presents. He wasn't wrong, he had been a very good boy. I couldn't begin to imagine the disappointment he would've felt if he realized there were no presents. I had to stall him. 

"Don't you know there are things you do before opening presents?" I asked.

Lucifer tilted his head. "No, I didn't know that. What do I need to do?"

I hurriedly made something up. "You first need to draw a detailed picture of the thing you want most for Christmas, then gift it to someone who means a lot. Then, you need to cook a Christmas breakfast so you have enough fuel to open the gifts."

My kitten nodded seriously. "Of course! That makes so much sense. I'll see you in an hour or two!"

"Don't go into the den before you're done, or the Christmas spirit will be ruined!" I warned him as he bounced away. 

With that problem solved, I quickly got out of bed. I made it up with the flick of my wrist. I decided that I would keep the clothes I had on. Just a pair of sweatpants and a tight-fitting tee. It wasn't uncomfortable, and I knew Lucifer liked it when I wore tight shirts. 

After going to the bathroom to freshen up (brush teeth, shave, etc.), I made my way to the den. I had only a couple of hours to get it completely ready for Lucifer's Christmas. 

With a snap of my fingers, a large fir tree was next to the fireplace. Another snap decorated it with ornaments, ribbons, candy canes, and lights. I also put decorations around the room. The top of the walls were lined with ribbons and lights. A plate of cookies and milk was placed on the coffee table by the fireplace. 

After getting the tree done, all that was left were the presents. I summoned random things that I heard Lucifer talk about when he thought I wasn't listening. A few new books, dog toys, a tablet to occupy all his free time, and a lot of other random stuff. I wrapped it all up quickly, making the sender's name "Santa". 

I had everything ready... except one thing. I wanted... needed to get Lucifer a gift from me. I thought long and hard about it before coming to a decision. 

I put a bow in the gift instead of wrapping it. I wanted it to be special. 

A servant came to warn me about Lucifer being done with his cooking. I rush down to the dining area. On the table was a simple yet cheerful meal. There were scrambled eggs, croissants, sausage bits, and waffles. I knew that Lucifer came bounding out of the kitchen, his entire aura screaming 'I'M SO HAPPY AND EXCITED RIGHT NOW'.  He had flour on his apron, along with batter, burn marks, and what I hoped was egg whites. 

I took the apron off of him before we sat down next to each other and began to eat. Lucifer stuffed his face, choking more times than I could count. I could only save him from dying each time he would choke, mainly because my words of warning fell on deaf ears. 

Once breakfast was over, I guided Lucifer to the den. Before entering the room, I cover Lucifer's eyes. 

"Huh? What're you doing?" He asked, very confused. 

I just chuckled. 

Inside the room, I revealed the whole place to him. His entire being lit up even more (if that was possible). He bounced around, observing everything with shining interest. When he sat the tree with gifts under it, I could see him trying to contain himself. But he lost that inner battle. He left out a squeal and a lot of high pitched giggles before ramming into me. He wrapped his arms around my neck and squeezed. I just smiled and hugged him back. 

"Oh right, I have something for you too!" Lucifer exclaimed before running out of the room. Not even a minute later he came running back, out of breath but with a wrapped gift in his hand. It was rectangular and looked like it had sharp edges. Lucifer handed it to me, placing his hands on his knees to catch his breath. 

I curiously opened the gift, tearing away the wrapping paper with ease. When I saw the gift, my heart squeezed with pure joy. 

Lucifer had drawn a beautiful picture of me and him sitting by a fireplace. The setting was obviously Christmas themed, with the tree in the background and decorations around the room. 

I looked at Lucifer with a smile on my face, which he returned. 

"You said I should draw what I wanted most for Christmas, so I did. What I wanted most was to be with you!" He explained with a grin on his face. 

I pulled him in for a tight hug. Whiling I was hugging him, I made my gift appear in my hands. When Lucifer let go of me, I revealed the gift to him. It was a large black teddy bear with velveteen skin. Lucifer's eyes shone with adoration as he took the teddy into his arms. The bear was pretty big, about two feet long and one foot tall. The red bow on top was discarded and Lucifer squished the teddy in his arms. 

He looked at me with love clearly in his eyes. "Thank you, Isaiah."

I leaned forward and pressed my lips to his. After the soft kiss, I smiled. "You're welcome, Luci."

Super late, I know. But at least it's there. Don't worry, the actual story update will be posted soon