Part 1.2~ Satan

This Fallen Angel is a very peculiar one. As I was flying towards the mark's signal, I caught a good view of him, before he noticed me coming. He looked... as if he didn't enjoy his life very much. But that's outrageous. Who wouldn't enjoy being my Angel? It was an honor. I broke the glass to the classroom he was in and dragged him out. He didn't cry out or start chattering happily. He just stayed quiet. I wonder why? I tried to make him start speaking, but he just fired back with smart remarks. 

"You're probably the quietest Fallen Angel ever," I commented.

He didn't answer as if he didn't know if I was talking to him, but then he asked, "Is there a problem with that?"

I said, "Is that any way to express your gratitude to me? I am a very high ranking demon for your information. The highest, to be specific." I mean, I did give him one more day than I had to. 

He seemed to think for a moment. "Satan?"

So he knew who I was. "Correct. Now, don't you think that you should apologize for your rudeness?" 

"No, I don't. Why should I? My life's kinda sucked because of this stupid mark," he vented.

 I chuckled. "Has it? But I even gave you some extra time to say goodbye to your loved ones. A whole day, actually. That is better than any of you predecessors got. So, you should be thanking me."

He just snorted. "Well, there was no one to say goodbye to. So, really, you were drawing it out for you. Where are you taking me anyway?"

"It'll be a couple of days before we get there, but we're on our way to Hell," I said nonchalantly. This was my millionth time bringing a Fallen to Hell. Well, not literally, but I've done it so many times that I lost count. 

We neared the thicker clouds, the ones I couldn't fly through. So after I checked to make sure it was safe, I dropped him. He didn't scream, thrash around, or even flinch. He fell quietly and hit the ground with a muffled thud. 

I landed next to him, shaking the snow from my wings. "Alright, let's start walking," I said. 

Lucifer wiped the snow from his eyes. "To where?"

"You ask too many questions," I stated, and starting to walk away, so he had no choice but to follow me.

I felt his gaze boring into my back. He was probably assessing my appearance, which wasn't too out of the ordinary. I had on a leather jacket and a black t-shirt with a white skull on it. My black skinny jeans were ripped, chains on them, and my palms wear covered with fingerless leather black gloves, with small silver spikes on them. My shoes were a pair of black white and gray Jordans. Lucifer shivered, most likely freezing cold. The snow was starting to come down hard, and out of my peripheral vision, I saw him put his arms in his sweatshirt. I looked back at him, smirking. "Cold enough?"

Lucifer narrowed his eyes at me. "Nope. I'm so warm it's annoying."

"Really? Most Fallen Angels I've escorted have either complained or suffered silently. Why are you so different?" I asked. I definitely wasn't going to let him know, but I was very surprised.

He shrugged. "Seems like there were two different types of Fallen Angels: scared or spoiled. When was the last Fallen Angel retrieved?"

I hesitated, then said, "1406." How was he so perceptive?

"There's your problem. People no longer worship all sacred beings. Now, people are terrified at the thought of anything demonic," He grumbled.

I turned and kept walking. "I know. That's why I expected you to be one of those two types. Usually, fear makes humans try to kiss up to me. Guess it backfired. You have a lot to work to do. I've been without an Angel for 16 years."