Part 1.5~ Satan

I listened intently from my desk, waiting for even the slightest sound of displeasure from Lucifer. All of his predecessors had found something to complain about. Whether it was the curtains, the bed size, or even just the lighting. But there was nothing. I could only hear his soft footsteps and occasional gasps. The gasps weren't loud, so I didn't think he was gasping in disgust. It sounded more like awe.

When he gasped for what felt like the millionth time, I stood up and walked through the doors to find out what he was gasping at. It was not only annoying but also making me curious.

I entered the room, and looked around, trying to find where he was. I saw him by the enormous bookshelf. Well, it was huge for him. Lucifer was actually quite small. The bookshelf towered over him by a lot. Almost eight shelves taller than him. He was staring at it with large eyes swimming with awe, his head tilted back to try and see the top. I watched him as he moved on from the bookcase, and onto the king-sized bed.

If possible, his eyes got even bigger. He inhaled another gasp and hesitantly reached a hand out to touch the bed. His fingertips brushed against the duvet softly before he yanked his arm back. He seemed to be really scared of getting caught, so I decided to play with him.

I cleared my throat, and to my joy, he nearly jumped 5 feet in the air, yanking his hand back from the bed he was about to touch again like it was a burning lava pit.

His head whipped to the door, eyes wide with fear and guilt. When he saw it was me, he relaxed slightly, then tensed up again. It was almost as if he expected to get hurt for doing something he thought was totally wrong. But I couldn't see why. How was touch a bed something to be guilty of?

"Is everything to your liking?" I asked jokingly. Even if it wasn't, I wasn't about to change it. He would just have to deal with it. No matter how much a previous Fallen Angels complained, I didn't change anything. I didn't want them to think they could get whatever they wanted from me. And they didn't. But that never stopped them from complaining on a daily basis.

Luckily, he just nodded his head with shining eyes. He wasn't smiling, but the excitement was clear in his eyes. He obviously loved his room. It made wonder what room he had stayed in previously to like the one he was staying in and much as he did.

I motioned for him to follow me. I led him back through the bathroom, taking in my bathrooms beauty as I went. White marble counters, black wood cabinets, and black marble floor. The bathtub was actually pretty big, and shower plenty of room to fit three people. We went through my room, which was quite a bit bigger than Lucifer's room. Mine had a window for a wall on the side across from the door. And through that window wall, there was a balcony.  We made it through to the hallway. I started walking down it, making sure that Lucifer was following and not lingering. I was heading in the direction of the arena. It wouldn't have taken as long if I had just teleported there, but teleporting so soon would just scramble his brain and all that jazz. I would have to wait until he had gotten used to Hell's atmosphere.

"Where are we going?" Lucifer asked. It took him quite a while to muster up the courage to speak. While he was trying to keep a cool and silent type viper going, I could tell exactly how he was feeling through our bond. He was frightened but also a little curious. He was also starting to get pretty hungry. 

I took a left turn. "Somewhere you aren't going to enjoy very much."

I heard his heart stutter and could feel the fear coming off him in waves. But he didn't say anything. He just kept walking with a straight face. His reaction was kind if surprising. Usually, the Angels complain and whine until they don't have to do anything anymore. But Lucifer just took it as if he had been told those words before, and it hadn't ended happily for him.

We walked down a staircase, and then took another left. Before I opened the door that led to a tunnel that led to the arena, I turned to Lucifer.

"Hey," I said.

He looked up at me with his blood-red eyes, almost making lose my train of thought.

"Don't die in here," I finished.

His eyes widened in fear, and I almost dragged him away from the danger he was about to face. My inner demon was almost screaming at me to get him away from there immediately. But I shoved the voice away. It was only a mating bond speaking, not my actual emotions. I opened the door and quickly shoved Lucifer inside. I shut the door behind him, then locked it. I turned around and started to my seat.

It was back up on the second floor, so I just teleported there. I sat down and watched as Lucifer slowly crept from the tunnel. He cautious peeked his head out and took in the arena. The ground was covered in red dirt. The walls were made of cobblestone, fireproof. They had to be, because all the monsters that fought in the arena had some fort of fire ability. I looked over to one of my servants and nodded. They bowed to me, then pulled the lever.

Lucifer spun around at the clanking sound. The iron bars that had been blocking to other tunnel started lifting. Lucifer cautiously took a step out into the arena, trying to get a better look at what was down the tunnel. My pet started to make its way down the tunnel, and as soon as Lucifer's eyes widened with terror, I knew he had seen him. Giant black paws appeared first, and three giant head so made themselves known. Their large bodies started circling around Lucifer.

My beloved pets, altogether known as Cerberus.

Sorry it's so short. I literally started this at 5:30 a.m and am now finished at 6:45 a.m exact. But I wanted to put something out there. Please enjoy!

JUST EDITED THE MISTAKES I COULD SEE!!