Part 1.3~ Lucifer

I felt my knees buckle, and I was on my hands and knees. But I couldn't get up. It was like my body was unresponsive. I heard Satan's footsteps stop, then come over to me. He reached down, and I reflexively flinch away from him. I looked up and said, "I'm fine. Just... just give me a moment." I knew my body was shivering, and my hands looked deadly pale. 

"Hate to break it to you, but you're going to need a lot more than a moment. You're already half dead. So unless you want to die out here in the snow where no one will find you, you'll let me help you." He was worrying? 

Instead of falling for it, or mocking him for his "worry", I just glared and snapped, "I said, I'm fi-"

My words were cut off by a sneeze. It sounded more like a kitten sneezing though, the sound bringing heat to my face. I'd always hated my sneeze. It was always so girly, and caused my face to flush. 

Satan picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. I couldn't struggle much, because my arms were still trapped in my sweatshirt. I felt his head moving around, but couldn't really pay much attention. I felt the heat in my body slowly fading, leaving behind a cold, empty feeling. 

I felt Satan walking and was surprised when the harsh winds suddenly stopped. I lifted my head, looking around to see a somewhat small cave. He set me down against one of the walls and stared at me. I stared back at him, kind of creeped out. He lifted my sweatshirt, took one of my hands, and squeezed it, only to drop it quickly. His hands were so warm it made me sad when he let go. 

"Why're you staring? It's creepy," I muttered as I rested my head on the cave wall behind me.  Satan crouched down to my eye level, and I could feel a light slap on my face. Not enough to hurt, but enough to make me jerk my head up.

"You can't go to sleep yet," he said.

"Why not?" I asked, my eyelids drooping.

"If you go to sleep, you'll die. Is that what you want?" He asked me.

I could feel my eyes widen at the question. Did I want to die? All those people who hated me, my parents, my brother, everyone, wouldn't they be so much happier if I was dead? Wouldn't I be less lonely than I am right now? Wouldn't I be free from all their torturing words? "Yes."

That one hollow word rang into silenced air. I was lifted up and put between his legs. My back was on his stomach and he dropped his arms over my shoulders. Satan rested his chin on my head, engulfing me in a cage of warmth. I felt my body tingle a bit at the sudden change in temperatures, but I settled in the end. My mind was like, GET OFF GET OFF GET OFF YOU'RE A THREAT DON'T TOUCH ME I HATE YOU GET OFF GET OFF OF MEE!!!! But my body was like, SO warm... I want this... just let me stay here forever... I went with my body, relaxing into him. Soon, Satan decided it was ok for me to sleep, and I quickly slipped into the comfort of my subconscious. 

When I woke up, I was being carried again. Thrown over Satan's shoulder like the sack of potatoes I was. Since I was too lazy to get down, I just let him carry me. I was warm and didn't feel like risking it all again for the sake of my pride. I wondered how long I had been out. Couple hours... a couple of days... centuries... Ok now that was kind of extra, but how was I supposed to know? I had been sleeping. Anything could have happened. Wars. New discoveries. Future technology use. ALIENS!! Literally, anything could be happening, and I wouldn't know. 

I realized that we were nearing a loud sound. Did it sound like... running water? A waterfall?! That was absurd...

But my worries were answered when Satan neared a cliff, then stopped. Then I felt myself being thrown. I was thrown down the booming waterfall, too shocked to feel any emotion. I just fell, looking back up to the cliff were Satan stood. Our eyes met, and I felt a deep hatred grow in me. I didn't care that there might've been something at the bottom. WHO THROWS ANOTHER BEING OVER A CLIFF?! Even for moral reasons, it was unacceptable. I wasn't mad he threw me, I was mad he threw me without my permission.

My body hit the water. The splash was very impressive. I like that I was able to go out with a bang. What was really sad was that I just sunk. I sunk. To the very bottom. My butt hit the squishy sand on the bottom of the water body of water I was in. I hysterically laughed in my head. DID I FORGET TO MENTION THE SMALL FACT THAT I COULD NOT FREAKIN SWIM?

Well, I couldn't. I failed the swimming classes that my loving parents paid for.

If you couldn't tell, that was sarcasm. Very angry sarcasm. HOW THE H-E DOUBLE HOCKEY STICK WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW HOW TO SWIM IF NO ONE CARED ENOUGH TO TEACH ME?!?!

I let the air out of my nostrils slowly, keeping my oxygen as long as I could. Not that I lasted very long. My lungs were on fire, and I felt so awkward in the water. It felt like, if I moved one muscle, then all the oxygen I had left would leave my lungs. I started to panic, turning rapidly. What if there was something in the water with me? Like the Loch Ness Monster. Or a great white. Piranhas. Barracudas. Invisible slime monsters that would torture me slowly to my death. The last one was kind of crazy, but hey. I was a human chosen to serve Satan. Anything could be possible.

A certain thing was that I was losing the ability to hold my breath. I felt that my lungs were going to burst. They were burning, so much I thought someone set my insides on fire. Soon the pressure was too much. I couldn't hold it any longer. I let out what little oxygen I had left, and water quickly filled my air ducts. I felt the familiar suffocating feeling of drowning, and then the darkness around my vision.  Right before I lost consciousness, I felt a hand wrap around mine. Then I was out like a light.

Hehehe, suspenseful no? I like this chapter. buts it not that long, oh well. I do know that the next one is gonna be pretty long! sorry for the wait, I forgot to list this after I wrote it.