Part 2.7~ Isaiah

If you're confused, here's a clear up: 

1. Isaiah is Satan's real name, and now that it was revealed, it will be the name that I am using for him from now on. 

 2. The Xavier chapters are actually excerpts from their story. They are getting their own book. 

 3. Does anyone know what happened to the story "Heaven and the Flowers Inbetween"? I really liked it, but now I can't find it. 

Anywho, to the long-awaited story. I tried to make it longer!

~

I came into consciousness before dawn, but I kept my eyes closed. I wanted the moment where my mate was willingly in my arms to last forever.

I hadn't held him for long when I felt how warm he was. Like, warmer than any human would normally feel. I tried to pull away from him to get a better look at him, but when I tried, he clutched onto me. I loosed his arms gently, careful not to wake him. Luckily, he was a very heavy sleeper. 

Once I got away from him, I observed him. His face was very pink, which was weird because he didn't have any reason to be blushing. His breathing was very shallow, and I could hear the wheezing of air in his chest. 

I put a hand to his forehead, only to find his temperature had risen as we had slept. I didn't panic. I knew he was going to get sick eventually. His body had to adjust. 

Before I could get up, Lucifer's eyes opened. They were glazed from the fever, eyes unfocused. But instead of the silver eyes of Ezekiel, I was met with the crimson of Lucifer. I was a bit saddened to know that the more willing part of my mate was gone. But the look Lucifer was giving me wasn't his usual guarded one. It was more... trusting.

"My head hurts," Lucifer murmured, eyebrows furrowing as he tried to sit up. I gripped his shoulder and gently pushed him back down. 

"I know. Here, drink this," I said as I materialized a glass of water. Placing a hand on the back of his neck, I lifted his head and held the glass of water to his lips. He took a few sips before turning his head away. I laid his head back down, and made the glass disappear. His eyes slipped back closed as I got up from the bed. 

I tried to walk to the bathroom, so I could get him some pain pills, but a finger hooked into the hem of my pants before I could. Lucifer was pouting at me, as if I had betrayed him by not bringing him with me. I gave in to his pleading gaze, and lifted his feverish body to mine. He wrapped his bare legs around my torso and his arms around my neck, clinging to me tightly. I lowered my body temperature for him, so he didn't get even hotter from being against my skin, as I was still shirtless.

I carefully moved to the bathroom while carrying him. I switched in the lights which proved to be a mistake when he flinched. He must've had a headache then. He burrowed his head in my neck, hiding from the glare of the bathroom lights, which I lowered. I tried to set him on the counter, but he refused to let go of me. Sighing, I let him koala cling to me as I opened the medicine cabinet, and got out the cold medicine, and some Tylenol for his headache. I poured some of the grape-flavored medicine into a spoon, and then nudged his head with my softly, to get him to sit up. He looked up at my blearily, looking annoyed. I held the spoon to his lips. 

"Drink," I ordered softly. Lucifer accepted the spoonful of medicine, causing his expression to screw up in disgust. He frowned even further when I put the tiny cup of Tylenol near his lips. It was the required amount, and having never taken Tylenol before, I assumed that it had no taste. But Lucifer wouldn't have it. He kept turning his head, dodging the cup. 

I sighed. "Come on love. Don't you want your headache to go away?"

He let out a low whine, letting me know he really didn't want to. But he still opened his mouth slightly, allowing me to put the cup to his lips and tilt it back, so the medicine poured into his mouth. He swallowed loudly, sticking his small pink tongue out right after. I stroked his head, letting him lay it on my shoulder again. I placed all of the supplies back into the medicine cabinet.